[FreeNAS] Newb: How to mount UFS network share

I apologize for the newbness in advance! :e

I have a network share (DS1500) on my FreeNAS server shared as a UFS share. The IP of the server is 192.168.1.4. How do I mount it?

Thanks,

Craig

Re: Newb: How to mount UFS network share

Greetings.

How do you mount it on your FreeBSD client box? If yes, have a look at exports(), there should also be an example of an exports() file within the directory /usr/share/examples/etc/. You'll also need to read the man pages rpcbind(), mount() especially the parts regarding nfs. you'll need a couple of entries in rc.conf() for
Code:
nfs_client_enable="YES"
whether, or not you want
Code:
nfs_reserved_port_only="YES"

It's not simple to give a simple answer to this. As there is a lot to consider, and everyone has their own set of rules regarding this sort of thing. But the information I've provided, should get you well on your way to getting a successful mount, on your FreeBSD box.

Best wishes.

--Chris

csh8428 said:
I have a network share(DS1500) on my FreeNAS server shared as a UFS share.
Just a note. UFS is a filesystem that has no sharing capabilities. It's NFS or SMB that does the sharing.

SirDice said:
csh8428 said:
I have a network share(DS1500) on my FreeNAS server shared as a UFS share.
Just a note. UFS is a filesystem that has no sharing capabilities. It's NFS or SMB that does the sharing.

Thanks for the clarification. In the FreeNAS GUI the drive is shared as a CIFS share and "Linux" share. I'm not sure if that helps anything.

Back