FreeBSD 8.2 STABLE Reboot error

8.2 RELEASE seemingly right, in order to use zfs 5 and zpool 28,I compiled FreeBSD 8.2 STABLE.

Now restart the server every time when the final stage of the first report of this:
6346834897_6dc41cd2d1.jpg

The next report this:
6347587670_4040d09cff.jpg

This report will display for a while before restarting

This report bank0 and bank5 memory problems, and I saw today on the server only bank 1 - 12, not 0, I changed bank1 and bank 6 memory are changed, but the problem remains.

uname -a
Code:
FreeBSD ftp 8.2-STABLE FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE #0: Tue Nov 15 15:05:35 CST 2011     slowhand@ftp :/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/slowhand  amd64

slowhand said:
I compiled FreeBSD 8.2 STABLE.
Did you use an alternate compiler? Set any compiler flags in /etc/make.conf? Custom kernel or GENERIC?

SirDice said:
Did you use an alternate compiler? Set any compiler flags in /etc/make.conf? Custom kernel or GENERIC?

My make.conf:
Code:
# cat /etc/make.conf
# added by use.perl 2011-09-14 13:36:05
PERL_VERSION=5.10.1

I re-compiled with the default GENERIC ,but the problem is the same.

For troubleshooting purposes, I also changed the server, but the problem remains.

SirDice said:
I had to dig around a little as I've never seen a panic like this. It seems to be related to hardware errors though. Any unhandled MCE will result in a panic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_check_architecture

What is the make/model of the machine? Or, if it's a clone, the mainboard and specific CPU?

Server is IBM X3560,Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5450*2 , 2G*8。

I use 8.2 RELEASE is OK,not have this problem。

One problem is to upgrade to this version before, ifstat scan sees NIC traffic only. Now become more USB devices to see: usbus0, usbus1, usbus2, usbus3, usbus4.

slowhand said:
Server is IBM X3560,Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5450*2 , 2G*8。

I use 8.2 RELEASE is OK,not have this problem.

I wouldn't want to call this 'exotic' hardware so I guess you ran into a bug somewhere. You can try the freebsd-stable@ mailinglist or submit a PR.

One problem is to upgrade to this version before, ifstat scan sees NIC traffic only. Now become more USB devices to see: usbus0, usbus1, usbus2, usbus3, usbus4.
If you do file a bug report stick to one issue at a time. I would start with the most pressing one; the panics.

Back