Flash plugin doesn't work in SeaMonkey

Hi,

I installed the Flash plugin (linux-f10-flashplugin-11.2r202.280) to FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE amd64. I did everything what is in the Handbook at section 7.2.1.2. (web page http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/desktop-browsers.html), but Flash doesn't work.

In SeaMonkey 2.17 or Firefox 20 the Flash plugin is not listed after entering "about:plugins" in the location bar. But I found some record in the file
pluginreg.dat from the SeaMonkey profile:

Code:
[INVALID]
/usr/home/user/.mozilla/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so:$
1370964158000:$

Have anybody any clue what is wrong with the Flash plugin?

It is native FreeBSD build of the SeaMonkey. I deleted pluginreg.dat, but the Flash plugin is marked as invalid again.

I run nspluginwrapper -v -a -i as the user, not as the root.

nspluginwrapper -l shows
Code:
/home/user/.mozilla/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
  Original plugin: /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-f10-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
  Plugin viewer: /usr/local/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer
  Wrapper version string: 1.4.4-1

For Flash Player, I use, in /boot/loader.conf

Code:
linux_load="YES"
linprocfs_load="YES"

in /etc/rc.conf
Code:
abi_load="YES"

in /etc/fstab
Code:
linproc                 /compat/linux/proc      linprocfs       rw       0       0

in /etc/sysctl.conf *

Code:
kern.ipc.shmmax=134217728
kern.ipc.shmall=32768

* to add video shared memory, for full screen, I use 8.4, 9.1 may have more in already.
-- From the Handbook, multimedia section 8.4. Video Playback

I tried the Flash plugin with exactly same settings, but no success again. The Flash plugin is still marked as INVALID.

Hi,

Did the Seamonkey browser make a .seamonkey directory in /usr/home/your-home-directory/? If so, does that directory have a plugin/ directory within?

good-beastie said:
Did the Seamonkey browser make a .seamonkey directory in /usr/home/your-home-directory/?
Is there any particular reason why it has to be /usr/home/foo, or did you simply mean the user's home directory ~foo, wherever that may be?

Please note that user home directories are not necessarily located in /usr/home. The home directory of user foo could be /usr/home/foo, but it could also be /home/foo (typically when /home is a separate partition). Or it could be something like /mnt/blabla/home/foo, in which case /mnt/blabla/home is typically symlinked to /home.

Bottom line: the home directory of any user foo is best referred to as just ~foo. Whether that resolves to /home/foo, /usr/home/foo, /home/users/2013/foo, /mnt/blabla/home/foo or whatever else usually doesn't matter, unless the path /usr/home has really been hardcoded somewhere.

good-beastie said:
Hi,

Did the Seamonkey browser make a .seamonkey directory in /usr/home/your-home-directory/? If so, does that directory have a plugin/ directory within?

In my case it is directory /usr/home/user/.mozilla/plugins/ which contained the file npwrapper.libflashplayer.so. The file npwrapper.libflashplayer.so was created with $ nspluginwrapper -v -a -i.

Back