Finally, a successful install....hooray!

I have messed around with Unix type distributions for something like 18 years now, more or less. I'm more of a hobby user really. I just turned 58 years old, and still enjoy doing so. I compiled Gentoo years ago several times back when Daniel Robbins was the chief architect and liked the portage system of installation. But I for various reasons was never able to get a BSD installed. Lately I have been lazy and have been using some of the easier versions like Ubuntu and Mint, but I had a netbook laying around with nothing to do and thought I'd give FreeBSD a try again when I saw that 10.0 was released. Well low and behold I got it up and running with only modest effort. Things have come a long way since my first Linux install of Red Hat 2.0 havn't they? My wife doesn't understand why I mess around with this stuff, but I find it fun and interesting, always have. If all goes well I'm going to compile FreeBSD on my main laptop, which has a bigger screen for these older eyes. I'd like to thank the FreeBSD team for such a fine effort, and there seem to be some really sharp folks here in the community forums. So far I have found all answers to question I had on these forums and the documentation. This is my first post but won't be my last. Until next time friends.....cheers.

Back