Solved Espeak fails to link during make due to missing PortAudio, although audio/portaudio2 is installed an

Any ideas on how I can get around this? It's a required dependency with the default configuration for accessibility/speech-dispatcher, which is used by www/chromium.

https://gist.github.com/tduzan/2c9f88305e1133d4b03a

The above link is a gist of my make output when attempting to build audio/espeak by itself to isolate the issue. As you can see during configure:

Code:
===>   espeak-1.47.11 depends on shared library: libportaudio.so - found (/usr/local/lib/portaudio2/libportaudio.so.2.0.0)

But during linking it then does:

Code:
c++  -fstack-protector -o speak speak.o compiledict.o dictionary.o intonation.o readclause.o setlengths.o numbers.o synth_mbrola.o synthdata.o synthesize.o translate.o mbrowrap.o tr_languages.o voices.o wavegen.o phonemelist.o klatt.o sonic.o -lstdc++ -L/usr/local/lib -lportaudio -pthread

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lportaudio

I've poked at it a bit but am getting nowhere, any suggestions?

The x11/kde4 meta-package pulls in accessibility/kdeaccessibility4 which also eventually depends on audio/espeak so also cannot be built successfully because of this. My guess at this moment is that it's an incompatibility between audio/portaudio which espeak expects and audio/portaudio2 which was installed as a dependency of audio/fluidsynth. I'm going to see if I can unwind my dependencies to identify where I included fluidsynth, remove it, and install portaudio rather than portaudio2.

Back