doublecmd no longer in FreeBSD pkg repo

Turns out we've lost doublecmd from repos for some reason. Does anyone have any idea how to build the qt5 version of doublecmd from ports? make config doesn't provide that option.

Are you using quarterly or latest for pkgs?
It looks like it's still in the ports tree:

If you have an up to date ports tree you should be able to build it; the "flavors" look like distinct ports, so cd x11-fm/doublecmd-qt5 and make from there.

As for "why" typically because it fails to build for whatever reason.

and if that thing is empty then an dependency failed to build.
Yes, that's possible. Unfortunately in that case a fallout won't be registered and you will have to dig around the actual build logs to see what happened.

You can find those here: https://pkg-status.freebsd.org but the interface is a bit daunting, you also require IPv6 to be able to access the individual build servers.

It's interesting that the GTK2 version of doublecmd is reported as failing to build as well in portsfallout.com, but I have actually built it locally from ports successfully.

Double Commander
Version: 1.1.8 beta
Revision: Unknown
Commit: Unknown
Build date: 2024/03/10
Lazarus: 3.0.0.3
FPC: 3.2.2
Platform: x86_64-FreeBSD-gtk2
OS version: FreeBSD 13.3-RELEASE
Widgetset library: GTK 2.24.33

It's interesting that the GTK2 version of doublecmd is reported as failing to build as well in portsfallout.com, but I have actually built it locally from ports successfully.
this is often the case if you have trimmed down the options of a port and/or its dependencies.
E.g. I build graphics/okular without the 'PURPOSE' option, which would drag in *A LOT* of KDE-related stuff and samba. A while ago the latest samba wouldn't build for a while, so okular fell out of the latest pkg repositories, but it still built fine on my buildhost because I didn't have that dependency.

It's possible the issue has been resolved in the ports tree but there hasn't been a new build run yet. So the package would still be missing.

Available for CURRENT:

Code:
% pkg search doublecmd
doublecmd-gtk2-1.1.8_1         Total Commander like file manager for the X Window System
doublecmd-qt5-1.1.8_1          Total Commander like file manager for the X Window System
doublecmd-qt6-1.1.8_1          Total Commander like file manager for the X Window System
% uname -aKU
FreeBSD mowa219-gjp4-zbook-freebsd 15.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 15.0-CURRENT main-n268772-906521f8176b GENERIC amd64 1500014 1500014
%

<https://www.freshports.org/x11-fm/doublecmd/#packages>

Back