Other Copy files with ACLs from UFS to ZFS

Hello

I would like to ask which tool can copy files with proper ACLs from Server1 with UFS to Server2 with ZFS?

I know that tools like cp, tar could preserve permissions & ACLs but, cp can copy only local files, tar could not extract files with proper ACLs (Failed to set access acl).
also iI have tried rsync with --xattrs --acls, but there are no ACLs on server2.

Server1 & Server2 are connected to AD domain and there are samba_server installed.

Server1 : FreeBSD 9.3p5 x86
Server2 : FreeBSD 10.1p19 x86

Solaris has a ufsdump/ufsrestore tool, which can extract files with proper ACLs.

The situation is that UFS utilizes POSIX.1e ACLs and ZFS utilizes NFSv4 ACLs. These ACL flavours are not 100 % compatible, i.e. a one by one mapping is impossible, and you hardly will find a conversion tool. If such a thing would exist, I would anyway not trust it's conversion capabilities, because of unknown security implications of perhaps inadequate translation decisions a tool has to take.

Maybe it could be done, by copying files by Windows client?

example:

Opened Samba share(Server1 UFS) in client1(windows XP,7) < - > Opened samba share (Server2 ZFS) in client1(Windows XP,7)

Client1, can see/modify permissions on Server1 & server2

Back