Can't install linux_base-f10

I cannot install linux_base-f10 (DVD or from ports).
Please help because I need this for compiling the nvidia module from ports. (The default install of xorg results in a blank screen when I type startx (kde 4.3.1. installed) and .xinitrc created)

Thank you.

"Cannot install" is not enough information. Error messages, process output, anything. Do you have Linux support turned on (linux_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf)? Does linux.ko show up in [cmd=]kldstat[/cmd]?

no. I haven't.
Problem appears just at the the installation from DVD (DVD verified and ok)
error code -1

You will need Linux support loaded before installing FC10 (from any source).

even in the defalut install? Untill now the line <linux_load="YES"> in rc. conf was automatically set on default installing, at the end of installation.

It's linux_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf, and linux_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf. Anyway, so long as linux.ko does not show up in kldstat, you'll not be able to install FC*.

zippy99 said:
I cannot install linux_base-f10
Another point being : Which FreeBSD version are you running ?
Remember that if you are running a #6, you should install linux_base-fc4 and not linux_base-f10.

FreeBSD 8 production release.
problem solved. Thank you!

Amazing! It runs just amazing, nvidia driver working superb.
Now I'm trying to solve the flash in firefox, I'll try with Fedora flash.

do you know a simpler method installing Openoffice? I tried from ports but I got enough small „problems” with java installation because of licensing (some regarded links not working)

This topic is not about OpenOffice ... start a new topic or search for OpenOffice in the forums. There's plenty of talk about it already.

Back