Building a kernel with a written module

Please tell me if it is possible to add the written module to the kernel in a non-dynamic way. If so, how can I build a kernel with my own module?

What is "non-dynamic way"? Add the Makefile for your module into /usr/src/sys/modules/<name>/ directory, add <name> to /usr/src/sys/modules/Makefile's SUBDIR.

I see, it's a bit more involved then. Check /usr/src/sys/conf/files.x86 (or the one for the arch you want to target, or even simply files for all arches). If you want it to be always included, use standard; otherwise use optional and the name that should be added to config file (hopefully you can use existing entries as examples).

I see, it's a bit more involved then. Check /usr/src/sys/conf/files.x86 (or the one for the arch you want to target, or even simply files for all arches). If you want it to be always included, use standard; otherwise use optional and the name that should be added to config file (hopefully you can use existing entries as examples).
Mb mb)) Thanks

Well, it turned out to be more difficult than it seemed. Is there any documentation on adding a module to the kernel?

Back