qemu qemu-system-x86_64 network do not work after the first boot

Hello, I recently reinstall FreeBSD on a Dell Inspiron 3250. The wireless is an Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200. It work properly with iwlwifi to access Internet through ArchLinux wireless access point in my lan. I have install Debian on an sd card using FreeBSD Qemu. The system boot properly and rich the X session. When I boot FreeBSD and go strait to Debian, Internet work on Debian. If I reboot or poweroff Debian and boot Debian again, Internet do not work on Debian but, in all cases, always work on FreeBSD.

I must configure /etc/rc.conf for my wifi, for my firewall to give access to Internet to Debian in Qemu. On the second boot on Debian the ping do not respond on both sides FreeBSD and Debian. I need to reboot FreeBSD to recover Internet access on Debian in Qemu. It may be any element of my configuration, /etc/rc.conf, my options in qemu-system-x86_64, what else? I give those configuration files as an attachment. I want to resolv this weird problem.

Attachments

• rc.conf
    2 KB · Views: 58
  • qx86-64.txt
    423 bytes · Views: 67
For those who follow my thread. I was using a tuntap network interface inside a bridge for Qemu. I decide to not use a bridge and configure an ip address directly to the tuntap interface (tap0). On the boot of FreeBSD tap0 have it's ip address and when I launch the Qemu virtual machine the guest have Internet.

The weird thing is that when I poweroff the virtual machine the tap0 interface on FreeBSD loose it ip configuration. Why, this is the question that I do not know yet the answer. I must reconfigure the ip address of tap0 before to start the virtual machine to have Internet active in the guest. If I configure tap0 after the virtual machine is started Internet is not available.

So how can I tell FreeBSD to keep up and configure the tap0 interface when the virtual machine is powered down well, I must continue to search.

✌️

The weird thing is that when I poweroff the virtual machine the tap0 interface on FreeBSD loose it ip configuration. Why, this is the question that I do not know yet the answer.
The tap(4) interface is created when the VM is started and destroyed when it's stopped.

So why do I see with ifconfig the tap0 interface before starting the vm and after shutting down it? Before it is created and configure via rc.conf and after the interface still exist but have loose it ip configuration. I just have to reconfigure it manually and than it still work in the vm.

I can add that when I try to destroy tap0 with ifconfig when the vm is poweroff the shell stop to respond and the tap0 interface is not deleted when I use an other shell. It have happen that FreeBSD had create in plus of the initial tap0 more tuntap interfaces tap1, tap2 even tap3 without my permission.

Back