Here is my complete xorg.conf

Code:
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier             "Keyboard0"
    Driver                 "kbd"
    Option                 "XkbModel"  "pc105"
    Option                 "XkbLayout" "no"
EndSection

Anything else is working automagically, I have set XFCE to use system default.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT some sideinfo, I am using xorg 7.7, and keyboard layout works perfect in shell.

Oh....... just woken up sorry, I only get us keyboard, which I cannot use normally, I lack three letters for the alphabet of first-language and, all other keys are on completely different places.

FreeBSD 9.1rc1 and x11/xorg-minimal, I though if I installed XFCE, it would install the neccesary to get an xorg that not minimal but more usable and functional for basic usage and configuration.

The window managers often don't install X at all. The thinking goes that X isn't required because you may be running X remotely.

Anyway, yes, deinstall xorg-minimal and install the full x11/xorg. Or at least install x11/xsetkbmap. But I'd recommend the full xorg to avoid further problems.

Code:
#Section "ServerLayout"
#    Identifier     "X.org Configured"
#    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
#    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
#    InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
#EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "keyboard"
    Option         "CoreKeyboard"
    Option         "XbkRules" "xorg"
    Option         "XbkModel" "pc105"
    Option         "XbkLayout" "no"
EndSection

the xorg server starts up well, but us keympap log here http://pastebin.com/WSr8kizs

When the upper section of the config is enable, uncommented if that is a right way to say it, xorg dont start at all log here http://pastebin.com/zb26wR14

This is frustrating.

Sorry, it's really hard to tell what you did. Did you install the full xorg? Does setxkbmap as shown in post #6 work after X has started?

A simpler xorg.conf to try:
Code:
Section "ServerFlags"
    Option "AutoAddDevices" "Off"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "keyboard"
    Option         "XkbLayout" "no"
EndSection

Oh, yes, installed xorg metapackage, X11/xorg and setxkbmap, before doing those configuration changes.

Doesnt Option "AutoAddDevices" "Off" make xorg NOT automatic?

YES YES YES YES YES....... as you may understand the xorg config you gave me work. FINALLY, that has annoyed me much when working in XFCE with configuration etc, dont know how to thank you!!!

Back