Solved with the permision of the admin / cisco switch question

Hi , can I post one problem with a farm of cisco switchs? not related to FreeBSD , maybe someone know something
I post in the cisco forums with no answer...

Well, there's rule #7 of course, so we can't provide support on it. But if you explain the problem someone might be able to give you some pointers. Just don't turn it into a Cisco support thread.

Well, there's rule #7 of course, so we can't provide support on it. But if you explain the problem someone might be able to give you some pointers. Just don't turn it into a Cisco support thread.

Thanks, SirDice
is something that I never see , at this point I looking for opinions , not solutions

Resume very quick..

the switchs in cuestion are the Cisco CBS220-48T
the strange is that via ssh shows more than one MAC address (normal,there may be an other switch on the other side)
but in the web interface or , dont show any MAC or show only one (that one is show in ssh)
so, I dont know in what trust

today I made the test of look the arp table in my firewall and that MAC address are alive in the LAN and have IP , so everything looks good
and (this is not professional) but , I locate one port with 2 MAC and unplug it .. so , here whe are waiting the call from the user so go and check
if the MAC of the pc are the ones that shows the switch via ssh

anyone got this issue?
I came from the 2960 series and are the best for "hunting" MAC address and loops in the LAN, but are 10/100 ..so I upgrade the LAN to gigabit

I locate one port with 2 MAC and unplug it
Maybe someone hooked up a small (unmanaged) switch to that port? So they can connect their desktop and a laptop perhaps? Or one of those VoIP phones with a pass-through? In that case you will see two or more MAC addresses associated with the switch port.

I often also look up the OUI of those MAC address, that will often lead to a specific manufacturer. Usually those are good pointers to find the culprit.

Maybe someone hooked up a small (unmanaged) switch to that port? So they can connect their desktop and a laptop perhaps? Or one of those VoIP phones with a pass-through? In that case you will see two or more MAC addresses associated with the switch port.

I often also look up the OUI of those MAC address, that will often lead to a specific manufacturer. Usually those are good pointers to find the culprit.

yes, in our LAN whe got many of that 8 port unmanaged swiths , because of that sometimes I have to "hunt" them
via our administrable witchs

Back