What kind of music do you listen to?

taromaru said:
Shameless plug II: http://www.veoh.com/collection/IPromise2BeYou

The first clip of the first episode (baby cat face) is my very favourite style of visuals: overloading, paranoid and hectic (2:30-3:25 rocks!)

Umm... If i understood you right, you think there's no good music on those decades. I disagree, for example, I find vintage jazz (30s) really really interesting, there's lots of great recordings out there on the public domain :)

Typo on my part - it should read as
These *days* we don't get good music or films, IMPO.

saxon3049 said:
Fonz what do you think about Walk this way by run dmc an aerosmith? I am in two minds about it.

Love the bass, don't care much for the song as a whole though.

Alphons

I often listen to ambient or krautrock as background music while I'm programming.

I especially like the Ultima Thule podcasts from Australia (http://www.ultimathule.info/).

I've learned to avoid stuff that competes for my attention, so anything with lyrics is ruled out.

Otherwise, silence is nice. ;-)

Depends on my mood
...sometimes Flogging Molly or Dr. Demento
...sometimes Techno
...sometimes The Doors or even Elvis Presley

When it comes to classic I like Ravel's Bolero or Carl Orff

Depends what I feel like, really, I am more of a metal guy in general but I've slowly been softening. I'm not exactly sure what I like most in that genre.. I mainly listen to Pantera, Metallica, there are a good few Slipknot songs I like, All That Remains(The Fall of Ideals was the only album I like but all the songs on it are great) when I want to be more extreme along with singles by other more hardcore bands, Dethklok I listen to a lot(good band, can't wait for Dethalbum 2), err let's see what else... Mainly singles other than that. I don't really have a total favorite. And I don't JUST listen to metal, I've been listening to all sorts of things lately, I have a soft spot for sad/love songs :p

For example, my newfound favorite song is currently I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing by Aerosmith(amazing song, I just absolutely love it blasting through my 100$ skullcandy headphones with the subwoofers on <3)

I listen to a wide range of things. Anywhere from Modest Mouse to Blue October. Choking Victim to Dashboard Confessional. mewithoutYou to Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Massive Attack to Venetian Snares.

Couldn't really start to put a coherent list down..there's good music to be found in almost all genres, and I can appreciate it all. Heavy on my rotation now are

Blind Guardian
Nightwish
Epica
Metallica
Disturbed
Creedence Clearwater Revival
John Mayer
Norah Jones
Sarah McLachlan

Not really much current stuff, I'm always a few years behind except with my favorite groups.

Ooooooo.
O Rappa, Nação Zumbi, Marcelo D2, Todos tus Muertos, Molotov,
Circle Jerks, Fugazi, etc, etc.
MPB, latin reggae, brazilian reggae rock, etc etc.

I used to be a hardliner metal fan and guitarist who went through almost all the trends of the 80s, hard rock->metal->power->thrash->death->hardcore, and i think was the first genuine thrash metal guitarist in eastern Crete island/Greece.
Now, i almost entirely listen to balkan fusion-jazz-ethno-brass band-accordion (mainly from (ex)Yugoslavia).

achix said:
I used to be a hardliner metal fan and guitarist who went through almost all the trends of the 80s, hard rock->metal->power->thrash->death->hardcore, and i think was the first genuine thrash metal guitarist in eastern Crete island/Greece.
Now, i almost entirely listen to balkan fusion-jazz-ethno-brass band-accordion (mainly from (ex)Yugoslavia).

Then you must know the Greek band "Rotting Christ"? I also listened
to metal mainly in the period 89 to 98. These days I mostly listen to electronic music like Front242...

Graaf_van_Vlaanderen said:
Then you must know the Greek band "Rotting Christ"? I also listened
to metal mainly in the period 89 to 98. These days I mostly listen to electronic music like Front242...

Yes i know Rotting Christ. The only band post-1994 that blew me away was System of a Down, this was a band definitely worth listening to, by any ex-rocker.

A little hard metal of course, but mainly electronic stuff (my most favorite is Squarepusher). Alot technobass/electrobass (like Techmaster P.E.B., Dynamix II, Beat Dominator, and a hundred others). UK Garage is pretty wicked stuff too.

I also love underground & intelligent hiphop (ie MF Doom, KRS-One, Public Enemy, many many more).

There's a bunch of other stuff too, like Russian Shanson, and even stuff like Frank Sinatra :e
--Q

@_Daisuke
Perhaps so lol. I can spout off a few more:
DJ Krush, DJ Logic, Mixmaster Mike, 3rd Bass, Kurtis Blow, Venetian Snares, The Automator, Dr. Octagon/Kool Keith, Bootsy Collins, Vic Fontaine, Bob Marley, DJ Kurtis Mantronik / Mantronix, Flying Lotus, Kraftwerk, Otto Von Schirach, Xanopticon, Dave Brubeck, Marvin Gaye, Information Society, KMD, Lucas Secon, Digital Underground, Kronos Device, Deltron, Beat Dominator, or perhaps Бутырка, Группа "Пятилетка", Михаил Шуфутинский, Мумий Тролль, Иван Кучин.

How bout that ;)
--Q

Back