Using dual NVME PCIE adaptor with FreeBSD

DELL is usually *very* picky about any non-dell (i.e. non-whitelisted) hardware. That's why I completely abandoned DELL and use Supermicro everywhere...
Do they still disable/hide bifurcation options on anything but their top-end variants? Proper bifurcation would be by far the easier and cheaper variant and usually less dependent on any BIOS-support or -compatibility/whitelisting.

I have a similarly looking device from Aliexpress, its description also claims that it's based on ASM2812.
Worked just fine on my Supermicro motherboard.
I had to make one BIOS configuration change forums.servethehome.com to force PCIe 3 (from Auto).
You might find that whole forum thread useful.

I have a similarly looking device from Aliexpress, its description also claims that it's based on ASM2812.
Worked just fine on my Supermicro motherboard.
I had to make one BIOS configuration change forums.servethehome.com to force PCIe 3 (from Auto).
You might find that whole forum thread useful.
Any reason for using such a switch-based adapter? Supermicro usually supports bifurcation on pretty much all server boards since ~X10 generation IIRC.
The only caveat for pre-X11 generation might be booting from NVMe, which isn't available on all X10 platforms. But one can modify the BIOS quite easily. I've done that with 2 X10 systems which have been running for years like that... (there's also a thread about this on the STH forum)

Back