Unifi7

I've installed unifi7 package and all seems functionally working as intended.
The Controller dashboard includes a Tux image, and the description "Network Version 7.3.76 | Linux".
Is this normal in FreeBSD ?

I suspect the application itself just doesn't know the difference and only has a "Linux" label.

Should be easy to test, since there's versions available for other non-linux OS platforms.
I'll take your word for it, I can't even find a proper download link on their website. But I suspect the only choices they have are Windows, MacOS and Linux. So anything that's not Windows or MacOS is likely to be identified as "Linux".

You're not logging on from a browser on a Linux machine are you?
If I enable the "new" interface (I'm desperately trying to cling on to the legacy one), the dashboard has pretty much nothing on it other than "Version x | Windows 10", and a Windows logo. God knows why they thought it necessary to show my client os in the web interface.

You're not logging on from a browser on a Linux machine are you?
If I enable the "new" interface (I'm desperately trying to cling on to the legacy one), the dashboard has pretty much nothing on it other than "Version x | Windows 10", and a Windows logo. God knows why they thought it necessary to show my client os in the web interface.
That is indeed exactly what is happening. You make a good guess.
The Controller dashboard shows an image of the OS that the client browser is having. What is the point of that ?
I checked the same server using Win, Linux, and FreeBSD clients.
And yes, the Unifi controller thinks that FreeBSD is Linux, despite the user agent string clearly identifying FreeBSD. D'oh.

Back