Unable to watch Max with linux chrome (under FreeBSD 14 current).

Hello there,

I'm unable to watch Max using the Linux Chrome browser; however, Netflix, Star+, and Disney+ work as intended. The only inconvenience that I have is with Max, that keeps loading and never load as if I don't have enough Internet. Any ideas regarding this situation? Thank you in advance.

Hmm.. I will give it a try. Still a noob with FreeBSD, going to compile them and I will post if this resolve my issue. Thank you.

This thread does not provide any useful and clear information for the users that will have the same problem.
Seriously ... is there a reason you're using a Linux browser at all, now that we have www/foreign-cdm and www/linux-widevine-cdm? It's a shot in the dark, but running an entire browser with Linuxulator could sure have some not-so-obvious issues.
The message from zirias@ answers the question, however the following is what works for me, which is almost the same except www/linux-widevine-cdm isn't found by pkg on 13.2 so I've built it like it is described in the post below.

BTW what is Max?

that would be copyright infringement and against the forum rules most likely
you would need to google for that

My use case does not infring anything,since what I want to do is decrypt a video streaming that I have the right to watch,because I'm a paid subscriber. As you know,it is my right that's violated,because they are forcing me to use an operating system that I don't use. Someone could argue to use another streaming service. I can't do this,because I've already paid some money for the one that I'm trying to use and in that time I was not sure that Linux was unsupported,since on the webpage the use of Linux is not excluded clearly.

i have no idea how you would decrypt a video from the site you mentioned
you would have to figure that out

you wont find many search results for several reasons

google removes the links,
most sites dont allow that sort of content

the groups that rip videos from the web dont post how they do it
because the video site will stop that loophole

posting questions or guides about committing copyright infringement online will probably get you in trouble

i have no idea how you would decrypt a video from the site you mentioned
you would have to figure that out

you wont find many search results for several reasons

google removes the links,
most sites dont allow that sort of content

the groups that rip videos from the web dont post how they do it
because the video site will stop that loophole

posting questions or guides about committing copyright infringement online will probably get you in trouble

---> posting questions or guides about committing copyright infringement online will probably get you sued

how can this happen if I'm a regular paid subscriber ? I can't be sued if I have the right to watch the protected content that I have already bought. Come on.

doesnt matter if you are paid subscriber, it would be against there terms of service
just decrypting copyright content would most likely be against the law

italy has a new copyright law that fines people £5000 just for watching illegal streams

they are cracking down on copyright infringement so posting about it online might not be a wise move
unless you have deep pockets

doesnt matter if you are paid subscriber, it would be against there terms of service
just decrypting copyright content would most likely be against the law

italy has a new copyright law that fines people £5000 just for watching illegal streams

they are cracking down on copyright infringement so posting about it online might not be a wise move
unless you have deep pockets

I'm not a lawyer but that law seems not applicable to me : it is for unlicensed IPTV services...and I'm not ; I don't offer any stream to anyone. And I don't watch the nowtv.it streams illegaly.

---> posting questions or guides about committing copyright infringement online will probably get you sued

how can this happen if I'm a regular paid subscriber ? I can't be sued if I have the right to watch the protected content that I have already bought. Come on.

The DMCA specifically punishes the act of breaking DRM, regardless of why or how.

The DMCA specifically punishes the act of breaking DRM, regardless of why or how.

It does not seems like you say. I found this case similar to mine :

you can read well that if there is no will to distribute the protected contents for the buyers of that contents, if they can't use anymore the stuff that they have bought,there isn't any breaking of the rules,for anyone. Even for the people who explains how to "crack" the DRM content.

For me its clear. I'm sorry if it is not for you. I'm a regular buyer that can't use the stuff that he has bought and when this right is violated , it should be restored.

Take also in consideration that the www.nowtv.it website requires a recent version of Windows that I should buy,spending money. They can't force me to spend more money than the amount of money that I need to buy their contents.

Maybe. But anyway I think that it will help me to understand which kind of parameters I should disable to fool nowtv.

Back