Solved support for my freebsd version has ended although i use the newest one

Good day. I want to install freebsd on a virtual machine(virtual box) on my pc but it does not allow me to set any ports. I tried to install midnight commander and it says "No support will be provided if you silence this message by defining ALLOW_UNSUPPORTEDD_SYSTEM". And it also says "Ports collection support for your freebsd VERSION has ended". I gave it 4 gb of RAM and 30 gb of hard disk.

I downloaded "FreeBSD-13.1-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso". But i also tried other files and nothing changes.

"freebsd-version" returns "13.1 release"

My processor is "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10300 CPU".

Why is my system unsupported if i use the last version of freebsd and computer works fine? can it have aynthing with the virtual box or something?

FreeBSD 13.1 is EOL, because 13.2 was released, just run this and reboot and you will be fine.
freebsd-update fetch install

Anyway, every minor version is supported three months after next minor version is released. Happy hacking.

FreeBSD 13.1 is EOL, because 13.2 was released, just run this and reboot and you will be fine.

That won't bring him on the 13.2-RELEASE branch.

This is needed first:
Code:
freebsd-update upgrade -r 13.2-RELEASE
freebsd-update install

Then update to the latest patch level.
Code:

Thanks everyone. I didnt pay enough attention to choosing the right version and thought the problem was the hardware or virtual box. I just didnt scroll down the page with freebsd links. A newer version was a bit down so the problem is solved. And also i didnt think old versions were unsupported so quickly, never encountered it.

i didnt think old versions were unsupported so quickly, never encountered it

From The FreeBSD Support Model:

Under the current support model, each major version’s stable branch is explicitly supported for 5 years, while each individual point release is only supported for three months after the next point release.

So it’s best to think of the major version (13.x) as what is being supported - the minor version support is just to give you a little bit of time to update to the next minor version.

There is still another 2 years in the 13.x support lifecycle.

Back