Spectrwm not accessing other volumes

I can access internal, network or removable volumes with either nautilus or gigolo while running gnome. I can't access other volumes with nautilus and gigolo while running spectrwm. Is there a bash command entry that I can add to .xsession or .xinitrc to enable whatever is working for gnome to work for spectrwm?

Can you be more specific? Do you mean that gnome automounts your drives and spectrwm doesn't?
Also, I have this for standalone nautilus when not running gnome (not related to above issue), in .xinitrc:

Code:
gconftool-2 -s -t bool /apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop              false
gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/background/draw_background            false
gconftool-2 -s -t bool /apps/nautilus/preferences/show_advanced_permissions true

Yes Gnome automounts my removable and internal drives and Spectrwm doesn't.

When I try to connect to a samba share with gigolo in spectrwm, I get this error
Code:
Connecting to "smb://192.168.2.3/WDTVLiveHub/" failed.
volume doesn't implement mount

When I try to connect to a samba share with nautilus in spectrwm, I get this error
Code:
Could not display "network:///".
Nautilus cannot handle "network" locations.

I set these preferences in gconf-editor and they seem to behave the same in gnome and spectrwm for me.

Code:
gconftool-2 -s -t bool /apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop              false
gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/background/draw_background            false

Gnome is full desktop environment which by default should mount anything you throw at it (at least it used to work before).
Scrotwm is just a simple window manager. Anything you need to mount, mount manually or use other automount method.

Snidely Whiplash strikes again..................yahaha!

Actually while I can manually mount samba shares with the PCBSD PBI Smb4K, while running Spectrwm, and having read all the hal, dbus, polkit and consolekit threads, thanks to DutchDaemon's alternative search method., http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=22713&highlight=search I cannot find out what runs with Gnome that allows Nautilus to access network drives and/or how to enable it for Spectrwm.

In linux, desktop environments like Gnome run *.desktop files in /etc/xdg/autostart at login.
at-spi-registryd.desktop
evolution-alarm-notify.desktop
gnome-at-session.desktop
gnome-keyring-gpg.desktop
gnome-keyring-pkcs11.desktop
gnome-keyring-secrets.desktop
gnome-keyring-ssh.desktop
gnome-power-manager.desktop
gnome-screensaver.desktop
gnome-settings-daemon.desktop
gnome-volume-control-applet.desktop
gsettings-data-convert.desktop
polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1.desktop
print-applet.desktop
pulseaudio-kde.desktop
pulseaudio.desktop
vino-server.desktop
These files are also loaded automatically when using GDM to log into other window managers like Spectrwm, or can loaded by an command entry like
Code:
exec ck-launch dbus-launch spectrwm-session
in ~/.xinitrc, when using another display manager and this is enough (in linux) to enable access to removable, internal and ntetwork drives.

Back