Sparc64 - Upgrade from 7.0 to 9.2

The freebsd-update tool has never been available for the sparc64 port, but may soon be, according to the FreeBSD Quarterly Status Report (september 2013):

FreeBSD/sparc64

There are several things going on with the FreeBSD/sparc64 port.

After having fixed all remaining problems and starting with 9.2-RELEASE, releases for this architecture are cross-built on the FreeBSD Project cluster. As one might already have noticed, this means that from now on, sparc64 install sets and images including those for ALPHA, BETA, and RC builds, are available alongside those for the other platforms supported by FreeBSD. Since August 2013, automatically cross-built monthly FreeBSD/sparc64 snapshots are distributed via the official project mirrors. Hopefully, this can soon be extended further with freebsd-update(8) support for sparc64.

The X.Org ports have been fixed to work on sparc64 when built with the WITH_NEW_XORG knob. However, it still needs to be evaluated whether the recently committed update to Mesa 9.1.6 has introduced any breakage.

http://www.freebsd.org/news/status/repo ... 13-09.html

Wow, that would be great :) How will I know when will be easy to upgrade my machine? Would you be able to upgrade from version 7.0 to version updated or only from the current version?

And the last question: I want to install mutt from /usr/ports/mail/mutt, but it fails to install on version 7.0 SPARC. Can you direct me?

Back