Solved [SOLVED] Help with install/update of SVN and Python

Re: Help with install/update of SVN and Python

My first thought is an out of date ports tree. This would be the most obvious cause. When was the last time you updated your ports tree?

Second thought is CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS statements in /etc/make.conf. If you have them, comment them out or remove them and retry your installations.

Just updated the ports tree and tried again. my /etc/make.conf has no CFLAGS or CXXFLAGS. Though my base is kind of out of date, the reason I needed svn was in order to do the updating.

TjPhysicist said:
Though my base is kind of out of date, the reason I needed svn was in order to do the updating.
Just how out of date are we talking here?

Code:
FreeBSD tahoe.TjsDomain 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #3 r254537: Wed Aug 21 09:13:42 IST 2013     toor@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
Going by that - looks like about nine months ago, I compiled -CURRENT

So after you updated your ports tree, did you get the same error trying to install devel/subversion? Can you copy the entire install log to bpaste.net and provide a link? I'd like to see the whole log.

Just had a thought. Since you are on FreeBSD-10-CURRENT, do you have /usr/bin/svnlite? That can be used in place of devel/subversion to check out FreeBSD source.

You really should update to stable/10. Old versions of CURRENT are like time bombs that may blow up in your face any time because CURRENT is by its nature very experimental. I wouldn't be surprised if your problems are due to some changes to the ports tree that work only on the supported branches and reasonably new CURRENT. You could as an intermediate step download the sources for 10.0-RELEASE and first upgrade to that so you are surely on a supported version before continuing to stable/10. The sources are a tarball on any FreeBSD ftp mirror, for example:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/10.0-RELEASE/src.txz

kpa said:
You really should update to stable/10. Old versions of CURRENT are like time bombs that may blow up in your face any time because CURRENT is by its nature very experimental. I wouldn't be surprised if your problems are due to some changes to the ports tree that work only on the supported branches and reasonably new CURRENT. You could as an intermediate step download the sources for 10.0-RELEASE and first upgrade to that so you are surely on a supported version before continuing to stable/10. The sources are a tarball on any FreeBSD ftp mirror, for example:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/10.0-RELEASE/src.txz

Finally figured how to update to stable/10, somehow. Ffinished doing it and I am still getting the exact same issue.

It seems it's something wrong with libssl. Try to re-install security/openssl.

ovaron said:
It seems it's something wrong with libssl. Try to re-install security/openssl.
Aah I thought ssl was in BASE. Did not realise there was one in ports too, thank you - looks like that fixed it.

Back