re-getting/installing pkg with a broken pkg

Hi all!
I did upgrade a Laptop which had an outdated 10.x to 11.x .. I followed the usual rule of upgrading packages before re-running freebsd-update, but evidently I did something wrong and so some dependencies are not cleaned (I think pkg did not upgrade all packages for some reason and I missed the error).

Now, I just cannot run "pkg" since it depends on an old version of a shared library. I tried creating some symlinks, to newer versions of the libraries, but that does not work.

Is there a trick to "reinstall" pkg?
On a fresh install, if I remember right, pkg is actually a script that does it for you. I hope that doing that could help me "boostrap" myself again.

Riccardo

Try pkg-static bootstrap -f to force a re-installation of Pkg. See pkg(7).

Pkg uses fetch. If https is required, you might be able to get it to bootstrap by setting the SSL_NO_VERIFY_PEER environment variable temporarily until security/ca_root_nss is installed.

I tried creating some symlinks, to newer versions of the libraries, but that does not work.
Make sure to remove those. And remember that this is never a correct solution.

Make sure to remove those. And remember that this is never a correct solution.
I removed them immediately after checking they did not work. It is not the correct solution but sometimes it is a quick fix to get it running and then clean up later. Sometimes I had luck, sometimes not. This time not. But bootrastrap-static was the fix.

Back