1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Port install stuck on "Generating temporary packing list"

Discussion in 'Installation and Maintenance of Ports or Packages' started by stefarossi, Jan 20, 2013.

1. stefarossi

stefarossi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,
    I'm trying to install net-p2p/deluge, which has net-p2p/libtorrent-rasterbar-15-python as a dependency.
    libtorrent-rasterbar-15-python compiled just fine, but it won't install, it hangs at "Generating temporary packing list".

Code:
    # cd /usr/ports/net-p2p/libtorrent-rasterbar-15-python
    # make                                                
    # make install                                        
    ===>  Installing for py27-libtorrent-rasterbar-0.15.9_2
    ===>   py27-libtorrent-rasterbar-0.15.9_2 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/python2.7 - found
    ===>   py27-libtorrent-rasterbar-0.15.9_2 depends on shared library: boost_python.4 - found
    ===>   py27-libtorrent-rasterbar-0.15.9_2 depends on shared library: torrent-rasterbar.6 - found
    ===>   py27-libtorrent-rasterbar-0.15.9_2 depends on shared library: boost_date_time.4 - found
    ===>   py27-libtorrent-rasterbar-0.15.9_2 depends on shared library: GeoIP.5 - found
    ===>   Generating temporary packing list

What can I do to install it?
    I'm on 9.1-RELEASE, so pkg_add -r is not an option.
    Thanks.

2. OH

OH New Member

Thanks Received:
    wblock@ thanks for this.
  3. stefarossi

stefarossi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the tip.

I'm quite new to the FreeBSD ports system, how do I recreate the pkg-plist? I tried this from the Handbook, but of course the command make install PREFIX=/var/tmp/`make -V PORTNAME` stops on "Generating temporary packing list". And what do I have to add to the Makefile?

Thanks again.

4. OH

OH New Member

Thanks Received:
    The Makefile specifies only one line to exist in pkg-plist, so I wouldn't bother with that method at this point. Just make the file and enter in it:
    Code:
    %%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/libtorrent.so

You can then remove the PLIST_FILES=-line from the Makefile and alter PLIST= to point to your newly created pkg-plist (because of its slave status, the port would normally refer to the master for its packing list, hence this override).
    Code:
    PLIST=           ${.CURDIR}/pkg-plist

This should get the port installed with a relatively correct packing list

stefarossi thanks for this.