phpmyadmin install problem

I'm trying to install phpmyadmin on my FreeBSD webserver. The server is version 7.1 and I have no GUI installed, and I have apache 2.2.9, php 5 and mysql installed. Everything working fine except I can't install phpmyadmin.

using:

cd /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin
make
make install

I get some errors that it can't fetch PDFlib-Lite-7.0.2.tar.gz
And it says to port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles

after that it stops the installation.

Does someone know a good workaround or a fix for my problem?

What do you mean by "it stops"? Is there any error message? And don't you just download phpMyAdmin from their website and put it in you web dir? Just tweak conf file and you're good to go.

It gives 4 times a error 1 code, here is the full error mesage:

=> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/pdflib
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/pecl-pdflib
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin

Nothing easier, just fetch the sources as mentioned in the 'distinfo' file of the corresponding port, move it into /usr/ports/distfiles and you are ready to make.

I managed to get so far. I used the official phpmyadmin docs.
http://www.phpmyadmin.net/documentation/#quick_install

I untarred the phpmyadmin package into my usr/local/www/apache/data(is this the correct folder?). I created a config.inc.php file and copied it into a new folder named config.

Now I have no idea what to do, it says to go to the setup directory in my browser, am I supposed to see something because all I get is a filelist?

I know it has nothing to do with my first problem, but since I don't have much experience with unix help would be appreciated.

First of all, if a program is in the ports, be sure to utilize the hard work of the porters. A simple `whereis phpmyadmin` tells me that it is in /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin. It would then be cool to `make install clean` in order to install it.

If you browse to the setup dir and you just see the listing, then all I can imagine is this question -> is your PHP working fine ?

stifmeizter,
i ran into this same thing. since the error was with downloading the pdflib stuff, just 'make config' deselect the pdf option, and then install it.

I'm having problems installing phpmyadmin aswell.

Code:
 php5-gd-5.2.8 has known vulnerabilities:
=> php5-gd -- uninitialized memory information disclosure vulnerability.
   Reference: <http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/58a3c266-db01-11dd-ae30-001cc0377035.html>
=> Please update your ports tree and try again.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/php5-gd.
*** Error code 1

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/pecl-pdflib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin.
*** Error code 1

Just installed a new 7.1-RELEASE server today and I've updated the ports tree na also tried to make without GD, but with no luck.

cipher said:
I'm having problems installing phpmyadmin aswell.

Code:
 php5-gd-5.2.8 has known vulnerabilities:
=> php5-gd -- uninitialized memory information disclosure vulnerability.
   Reference: <http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/58a3c266-db01-11dd-ae30-001cc0377035.html>
=> Please update your ports tree and try again.
*** Error code 1

*** Error code 1

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/pecl-pdflib.
*** Error code 1

*** Error code 1

Just installed a new 7.1-RELEASE server today and I've updated the ports tree na also tried to make without GD, but with no luck.

This is a different issue, with GD, not phpmyadmin: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=1722

Yes but were do you fetch the pdflib from? and is pecl-pdflib the same ? I can't seem to find pdflib-lite in freshports.. but pecl-pdflib and pdflib are both and both cannot be fetched..

I downloaded the pdflib-2.1.7.tar from the link for pecl-pdflib-2.1.7, and can't seem to figure out what to do with the files after extracting them :S make/make install clean doesn't work... :S

I just tried to downloaded pdflib using ports(which is the pdflib-lite binary version as the full pdflib you have to pay for) and it works fine. I could have been something wrong on the source end when you tried... So just try again. pecl-pdflib is build from pecl source using the pdflib-lite library files, so if ports can't fetch(and build) a dependency it stops the entire process.

pecl-pdflib is the one you need. got it in somehow.. not sure which thing i did worked... LOL but its installed :p

Hmm everything is installed but when I try to access any phpMyAdmin page I get a Forbbiden 403 error... you dont' have permission to view this? how do I fix that?

I've tried both IPs and Domain name, with same results..

Alias /phpMyAdmin "/usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin"

<Directory "/usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin">
Order Allow, Deny
Allow from All
</Directory>

Add the / before "usr" in your apache config:

Code:
Alias /phpMyAdmin "/usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin"

Order Allow, Deny
Allow from All
</Directory>

thats was a retype mistake the / is there in both cases.. sorry.. (i was typing from one computer/ server is on the other computer..

Just verifed that..

Your Order and Allow directives look good. Does your web server have file permissions to access to the phpMyAdmin directory?

I thought thats what the Directory did:
Code:
Order Allow, Deny
Allow from All
</Directory>

The Directory Order, Allow and Deny directives configure who has access to the web site. But, if the apache process does not have permissions to read the actual files, then it cannot even serve the web site files to those who have access, and you will have the problem you are describing.

Ok so what should they be..
Code:
blurr-ink# ls -l
total 6
drwxr-xr-x   6 root  wheel   512 Mar 26 22:00 apache22
drwxr-xr-x  12 www   www    2560 Mar 27 01:20 phpMyAdmin
blurr-ink#

closing and opening the browser didn't help I cleared the cache and cookies first.... And that article so does that mean I need to change the permissions of either apache to www:www or change phpMyAdmin to root:wheel none of the other stuff really seems to apply to me.. the phpMyAdmin folder does have and index.php and the setup folder has a setup.php I've tried to access..

OMG... I feel like a complete idiot...
I retyped the information across computers for this thread.. and didn't even realize... it said
Code:
Alias /phpmyadmin "usr/local/www/apache22/phpMyAdmin"
because I copied the Alias and Directory from an instruction site... I assumed it was right.. and didn't bother looking _that_ closely at it... sorry all its working :(

*Lego runs and hides in the corner hoping nobody tosses any rocks...

And now Im just getting cannot modify header errors none stop..
Code:
Runtime Notice in ./libraries/common.inc.php#272
 date_default_timezone_get() [function.date-default-timezone-get]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead

Backtrace

./libraries/common.inc.php#272: date_default_timezone_get()
 ./setup/lib/common.inc.php#18: require_once(./libraries/common.inc.php)
 ./setup/index.php#12: require(./setup/lib/common.inc.php)

Code:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/Error.class.php:357) in /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/header_http.inc.php on line 22

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/Error.class.php:357) in /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/header_http.inc.php on line 23

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/Error.class.php:357) in /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/header_http.inc.php on line 24

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/Error.class.php:357) in /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/header_http.inc.php on line 25

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/Error.class.php:357) in /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/header_http.inc.php on line 28

Code:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/Error.class.php:357) in /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/setup/lib/form_processing.lib.php on line 55

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/Error.class.php:357) in /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/setup/lib/form_processing.lib.php on line 56

yup,
Code:
#
# DirectoryIndex: sets the file that Apache will serve if a directory
# is requested.
#
<IfModule dir_module>
    DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
</IfModule>

Time zone section looks right :S
Code:
/**
 * check timezone setting
 * this could produce an E_STRICT - but only once,
 * if not done here it will produce E_STRICT on every date/time function
 * @todo need to decide how we should handle this (without @)
 */
date_default_timezone_set(@date_default_timezone_get());

First Error in second section:
Code:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/Error.class.php:357) in /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/header_http.inc.php on line 22
error.class.php
Code:
    public function display()
    {
        echo '<div class="' . $this->getLevel() . '">';    <-----LINE 357
        if (! $this->isUserError()) {
            echo '<strong>' . $this->getType() . '</strong>';
            echo ' in ' . $this->getFile() . '#' . $this->getLine();
            echo "
\n";
        }

Um it won't let me post the header file... it says Bad Request
Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Apache/2.2.x (FreeBSD) Server at forums.freebsd.org Port 80

Back