PHP 5.3.2 (was: php 5.3.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success. I am now running PHP 5.3.1 with all the extensions (php5-extensions) working using ports. Thank you Alex Dupre.

:beergrin

and that to type then after this command "cd /usr/ports && patch -p0 -E < ~/php53.diff" show: FILE to Patch: ???? That i have here write? Sorry im new, 3 day with freebsd

Save the file in your home directory.

Example:

Code:
wget http://www.alexdupre.com/php53.diff
mv php53.diff ~/
cd /usr/ports
patch -p0 -E < ~/php53.diff

MissileSilo said:
Code:
wget http://www.alexdupre.com/php53.diff
mv php53.diff ~/
cd /usr/ports

Wouldn't using fetch rather than wget be better? Would not require any extra ports.
Code:
fetch http://www.alexdupre.com/php53.diff
mv php53.diff ~/
cd /usr/ports

Tried it on my test server successfully, but would still wait for the official port version for my production boxes.

Any news on when 5.3.* will be added to the ports system? Just tried the patch on a brand new 8.0 system, and it gives me the following errors building mysqli:
Code:
/usr/ports/databases/php5-mysqli/work/php-5.3.1/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:35:45: error: ext/mysqlnd/mysqlnd_portability.h: No such file or directory
/usr/ports/databases/php5-mysqli/work/php-5.3.1/ext/mysqli/mysqli_api.c:34:45: error: ext/mysqlnd/mysqlnd_portability.h: No such file or directory
I'm guessing it has something to do with the new mysqlnd driver, although searching for the error on the net I found a bug report on the php site which said not to mix 5.2 with 5.3 code...

Code:
/usr/ports/databases/php5-mysqli/work/php-5.3.1/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:35:45: error: ext/mysqlnd/mysqlnd_portability.h: No such file or directory
/usr/ports/databases/php5-mysqli/work/php-5.3.1/ext/mysqli/mysqli_api.c:34:45: error: ext/mysqlnd/mysqlnd_portability.h: No such file or directory

Same here on a box running FreeBSD 7.2.

Code:
usr/ports/databases/php5-mysqli/work/php-5.3.1/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:35:45: error: ext/mysqlnd/mysqlnd_portability.h: No such file or directory

you can `fix it` by manually adding "--with-mysqli=shared,mysqlnd" to /usr/ports/lang/php5/Makefile CONFIGURE_ARGS:
Code:
PORTNAME=       php5
PORTVERSION=    5.3.1
PORTREVISION?=  0
CATEGORIES?=    lang devel www
MASTER_SITES=   ${MASTER_SITE_PHP}
MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=     distributions
DISTNAME=       php-${PORTVERSION}

MAINTAINER=     ale@FreeBSD.org
COMMENT=        PHP Scripting Language

LATEST_LINK=    ${PKGNAMEPREFIX}${PORTNAME}${PKGNAMESUFFIX}

USE_BZIP2=      yes
MAKE_JOBS_SAFE= yes
.if !defined(PKGNAMESUFFIX)
USE_AUTOTOOLS=  autoconf:262

CONFIGURE_ARGS= \
                --with-layout=GNU \
                --with-config-file-scan-dir=${PREFIX}/etc/php \
                --disable-all \
                --enable-libxml \
                --with-libxml-dir=${LOCALBASE} \
                [color="Red"][B]--with-mysqli=shared,mysqlnd \[/B][/color]
                --program-prefix=""

next:
Code:
cd /usr/ports/lang/php5 && make clean 
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 stop
[/usr/ports/lang/php5] make deinstall
[/usr/ports/lang/php5] make
[/usr/ports/lang/php5] make install
after this there should be mysqli shared obj:
Code:
ls /usr/local/lib/php/20090626-zts/ |grep mysql
mysql.so
mysqli.so

add extension=mysqli.so to /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini
start apache and check phpinfo()

it works on my machine (7.2-RELEASE FreeBSD i386)
have fun ;)

Has the update occurred yet?

A couple of weeks ago, I was doing a fresh install of php5-5.2.11_1 (apparently the latest in the ports). It failed, complaining of a vulnerability. So I have no php on my system and had to bring my whole system down.

Still, waiting for either an upgrade to the php5-5.2.11_1 or to 5.3 but not hearing anything, I don't quite know what to do. Was advised against downloading source and compiling to avoid problems down in the future.

Guest2
Did the manual fix as recommended
and got a
Code:
/usr/ports/lang/php5
"Makefile", line 37: Unassociated shell command "--program-prefix="""
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
instead - any idea why ?

crsd said:
Missing \ at the end of previous line?
??

Code:
sed -n 35,40p Makefile
                --enable-reflection \
                --with-mysqli=shared,mysqlnd \
                --program-prefix=""

USE_GNOME=      libxml2
Missing \ surely got me confused now

guys you all realise right 5.2.x is not EOL.

from a productivity point of view 5.3 is essentially beta, it has no zend support and I am not sure about ioncube support, the configuration has major changes and various apps break.

If we are to get php-5.3 in ports I hope it appears as a new port eg. lang/php5-testing as 5.2.x still has development and is the mature version.

chrcol said:

from a productivity point of view 5.3 is essentially beta, it has no zend support and I am not sure about ioncube support, the configuration has major changes and various apps break.

If we are to get php-5.3 in ports I hope it appears as a new port eg. lang/php5-testing as 5.2.x still has development and is the mature version.

Zend is anyway not releasing any more versions for FreeBSD. There is a link to the Zend forum in this thread.

As for separate ports, Alex (PHP port maintainer) has clearly said that he won't be maintaining two different ports of PHP. So unless someone forks a new port, it would be a one way upgrade.

With regards

Amitabh Kant

chrcol said:

Alex also mentioned that support for PHP 5.2 will be dropped soon: http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2010-January/059169.html

PHP devs already told me it will be dropped soon (probably just before
summer), so creating a port for a few months has no sense. Anyway I have
no plan for lang/php52.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back