pharo.org and aidawebs.si and or seaside.st

It seems these dont work on freebsd yet.
ANy hope of them working in the future?
squeak.org is another smalltalk free on web that supports aidaweb and seaside...

Anyone here use smalltalk on bsd?
While I am on the topic of cool looking free web tools and languages....
picolisp.com ?
happstack.com ?
gnu clog should work as common lisp has a few working lisps clisp and sbcl eh?

I think it had some weird version like 2 and pharo is on 10..... not sure it would work....didn't last time I tired year or so ago...
I remember something about freshports and a list of things to port...

swi prolog is here for freebsd!! nice!! I heard its full stack for web with prolog as database and Norway stock market runs on it.

I remember something about freshports and a list of things to port...
This one? https://wiki.freebsd.org/WantedPorts

It's basically a wishlist. Someone has to pick up the gauntlet and actually put some time and effort into porting an application. Ports are mostly a community driven effort to get applications running on FreeBSD. Porters generally don't recode an entire application though, usually only some minor patching is done to make it compatible with FreeBSD but ideally those patches should make it into the upstream code.

wow pharo 10 but no maintainer :(
No maintainer, but somebody did put in the time and effort to update it from 1.4 to 10.0.9 fairly recently:

I started learning smalltalk a couple of months ago with the FreeBSD package mentioned above.
The port/package is on-par with the 'latest' upstream release. The only potential problem is this 'latest' version is almost 14 years old. I suspect that smalltalk, like a lot of other programming languages, evolves over time. But I don't know, never used or tried the language.

No maintainer, but somebody did put in the time and effort to update it from 1.4 to 10.0.9 fairly recently:

The port/package is on-par with the 'latest' upstream release. The only potential problem is this 'latest' version is almost 14 years old. I suspect that smalltalk, like a lot of other programming languages, evolves over time. But I don't know, never used or tried the language.
https://pharo.org/download this launcher is what you use on linux..... it then handles th install of pharo 11 the latest verison. I think from there you use script in smalltalk to get say aidaweb.si or seaside.st for web fun

Back