owncloud client

I spent a lot of time trying to get the owncloud client running on my freebsd FreeBSD laptop, but did not succeed. Does somebody have a howto?

Many thanks,
Raymond

rayit said:
I spent a lot of time trying to get owncloud client running on my freebsd laptop, but did not succeed.
Why not? Care to disclose what you tried and what the problems/errors were?

Here error

Hello Sorry for not posting more information.
I used the instruction of the owncloud website.

Compiling the ocsync gives me following error. I reinstalled sqlite3 but could not solve this:

Code:
[rayit@freeraysam1 ~/owncloud/ocsync-build]$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Debug" ../ocsync
-- Could NOT find CMocka (missing:  CMOCKA_LIBRARIES CMOCKA_INCLUDE_DIR) 
-- Found SQLite3: /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so
CMake Error at /usr/local/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:97 (MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find Iniparser (missing: INIPARSER_LIBRARIES
  INIPARSER_INCLUDE_DIRS)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/local/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:288 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  cmake/Modules/FindIniparser.cmake:36 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  src/CMakeLists.txt:14 (find_package)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
[rayit@freeraysam1 ~/owncloud/ocsync-build]$

Thanks
Raymond

I'm having similar problems but fixed the mentioned problem by installing the devel/iniparser port. Now I get the error

Code:
owncloud-client/ocsync/src/std/c_file.c: In function 'c_copy':
owncloud-client/ocsync/src/std/c_file.c:128: error: 'ENODATA' undeclared (first use in this function)
owncloud-client/ocsync/src/std/c_file.c:128: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
owncloud-client/ocsync/src/std/c_file.c:128: error: for each function it appears in.)
*** [src/std/CMakeFiles/cstdlib.dir/c_file.c.o] Error code 1

This is probably a problem with includes but I did not have time yet to look into this. Will get back here when I've had time to figure this out.

same problem...

Code:
/home/rayit/owncloud/ocsync/src/std/c_file.c: In function 'c_copy':
/home/rayit/owncloud/ocsync/src/std/c_file.c:128: error: ':r' undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/rayit/owncloud/ocsync/src/std/c_file.c:128: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/home/rayit/owncloud/ocsync/src/std/c_file.c:128: error: for each function it appears in.)
*** [src/std/CMakeFiles/cstdlib.dir/c_file.c.o] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/rayit/owncloud/ocsync-build.
*** [src/std/CMakeFiles/cstdlib.dir/all] Error code 1

*** [all] Error code 1

Hello,

First of all, sorry for my bad English. ;)

I'm also interested in getting the owncloud client running on FreeBSD. I was able to compile
ocsync and mirall with some dirty hack and I was able to start the program but after a few moments it crashed with Signal 11.

But perhaps together we could get it running.

The patch you linked in #9 is in binary form. When opened with a hex editor you get this:
Code:
#ifndef ENODATA
/* not defined on BSD systems */
#define ENODATA EPIPE
#endif

Then compiling should get a bit further.

But then the next error came up. I didn't exactly remember which, but I think it was in file
Code:
src/std/c_string.c

Well I think I must set up a jail to repeat the steps I already made.

Code:
/usr/home/stefan/Downloads/ocsync-0.70.3/src/std/c_string.c: In function 'c_utf8':
/usr/home/stefan/Downloads/ocsync-0.70.3/src/std/c_string.c:296: error: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
was the error I got.

I found a "solution" somewhere on the net (don't ask me where). But I can't remember it.

And I turned off iconv support via ccmake.

Ok, I got it.
Code:
[100%] Built target ocsync_client

In src/dst/c_string.c I changed the line 296 from
Code:
dst = wstr
to
Code:
dst = (void*) wstr
And on line 320 I did the same. But I really don't know what this means. Here we need a C/C++ programmer :stud.

Just followed the guide here myself and can verify it worked, for completeness, to disable iconv support you need to execute cmake like this: [cmd=]cmake -DWITH_ICONV=OFF ../ocsync-0.70.3[/cmd].

I know this may be blatantly obvious to some, but I had to work out how it's done, so thought I'd share :)

Just registered in this *marvellous* forums to backen and post needs to have a working owncloud client on FreeBSD platform.

Owncloud server is such promising and easy to install via www/owncloud - is there any guru willing to take an owncloud-client port?

Would be really, really great to have a working sync client! Would even take part in crowd funding for this port...

Regards,
Alex

I started a port of ocsync today and thought I just about had it done when a misconfigured cmake build over-wrote my port's Makefile. Back to the drawing board.

Update: I have created a port for the ocsync client. It works fine for me, though I imagine someone with a bit more experience writing ports will want to polish the Makefile to make it neater/more efficient.

I feel it is important to note that for this port to build the versions of the ports cmake and cmake-modules need to be the same version. One bug which drove me nuts is that if you install cmake-modules from a binary package and cmake from source using the ports tree, you currently end up with two conflicting versions and ocsync will not build. So, if the ocsync port doesn't build, make sure cmake and cmake-modules have matching version numbers.

The port has been submitted for consideration by the ports team. You can test the port or track its progress by following this PR: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=180205

Since Alex suggested crowd funding, I'll happily accept donations sent to surdus@welovemetal.com :)

Back