Mouse Will Click Automatically Once I Stop Moving It

A

Anonymous

Again, because a Google search did not show up anything. My mouse (any mousez the touchpad one and two USB mice) click once I stop moving the cursor. The click takes about two seconds after I stop moving the mouse, so as long as I place it somewhere safe after I stop moving it it will not cause to many problems.

Code:
psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
psm0: model IntelliMouse, device ID 3
ugen4.2: <Logitech> at usbus4 (disconnected)
ums0: at uhub4, port 2, addr 2 (disconnected)
uhid0: at uhub4, port 2, addr 2 (disconnected)
ugen4.2: <Logitech> at usbus4
ums0: <Logitech USB Receiver, class 0/0, rev 1.10/46.00, addr 2> on usbus4
ums0: 8 buttons and [XYZT] coordinates ID=0
uhid0: <Logitech USB Receiver, class 0/0, rev 1.10/46.00, addr 2> on usbus
I happen to have two Logitech mice. Switching the USB port does not matter. Also, starting moused from /etc/rc.d/ or from /usr/sbin does not change anything.

In rc.conf I attempted to change the driver:
Code:
#moused_port="/dev/mse0"
#moused_type="auto"
#moused_enable="YES"
Changing the type or the port (using other mice) either made the mouse not work (wrong type) or it continued with this issue.
Code:
uname -a
FreeBSD mortske 9.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #0: Wed Jan 30 10:05:16 PST 2013     
root@mortske:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ASUS  amd64

I have tried adjusting the setting out of X11 in sysinstall. The problem is clearly something I am missing because everything is configured and "works" aside from clicking on its own. mse and ums have the same problem.

Gnome 2.31.1 is installed from pkg_add. I believe the issue may be a cause of not building each package because I am running the same system as before, but I used the ftp ports (made things quicker).

Is there anything else I can try other than reinstalling Gnome? (I will try Xfce in the mean time.) I am having difficulty pinpointing the issue because it does not click in when I do not use X11.

Attachments

• Feb24-dmesg.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 297
More Information

It appears that "auto" for protocols is the only one ums0 allows. psm0 is still acting the same whether they are both on or only one is running. I am not sure how to file a bug report because I do not know what is causing the problem... Also, the problem developed while using it with no problem - after a few hours of uptime it started having this issue. I have also had it working once, but after restarting it the mouse refused to act the same way again.

One More Question

I am aware that
Code:
moused -p /dev/mouse -i all
will show the information, but is there a way to use -f with ums0? When I try it with -p /dev/mouse I believe the mouse tweaks stops the left and right click from working because they stop working - I can only highlight. Odd thing, it works now, inside of one window, but I can not use the keyboard to switch between windows or click on anything outside of the window I came currently in.

Okay awesome!

X Server

The issue may be the X server? I have tried vesa and nvidia, both have the same effect. I'll keep trying. Any hints will help.

A Solution

If anyone is having this problem too I would recommend updating or recompiling the gnome2 port. In other words, this is a bug only under gnome that should be reported...

It doesn't solve the problem. I just had Gnome 2.32.1 working fine when I built from the port not through pkg_add. Do you know the reason for this? amd/package-9-stable/x11/gnome2-2.32.1_4.tbz is the same release of the port made using make install. Also, I do not know if that is the cause... facts about debugging would help, but I will look into it. If there is any more information you need, let me know. Just to be clear, I do not know what the problem is or how to solve it.

In post #5, you said "a solution", which I took to mean you had fixed the problem. Packages are different from ports. They are built on a different machine and use the default settings. The packages on the package server are several months old, and there was a mouse or keyboard driver patch since then, I think.

Excuse me? This is not a debate. I want to fix a problem. Now saying I think with no reference helps in no way. So please only post with helpful information. Thank you.

What do you recommend I use for install packages? How should I then update those packages? Chapter 5 Installing Applications: Packages and Ports lists many options.

The OP in that topic requested the removal of his account, which more or less voided the topic. That's why it was closed.

Back