Missing lang/php

I want to install PHP under my freeBSD 8.0 but in folder lang there is no php, only perl and two more things. Is there any explanation?

in ISO file which I used to install FreeBSD there is no PHP5... Obviously I have to add it but how?

I kind of remember you mentioned in other thread that you don't have Internet connection on your FreeBSD (running on vbox, if I'm not mistaken)?

# portsnap requires Internet, and if you don't have one, you'll have to resort to binary installation using # pkg_add.

There are few threads discussing offline installation that may help you.

Don't bother with the ISO, because ports/packages on the ISO are outdated as soon as they ship. Get a fresh ports tree, and work from there. Use the information in the Handbook, and in ports(7).

Edit: if sixtydoses' observation is correct, it certainly wouldn't have hurt you to mention that very important fact ..

sixtydoses said:
I kind of remember you mentioned in other thread that you don't have Internet connection on your FreeBSD (running on vbox, if I'm not mistaken)?

# portsnap requires Internet, and if you don't have one, you'll have to resort to binary installation using # pkg_add.

There are few threads discussing offline installation that may help you.

After rebooting I was granted Internet. I solved problem by applying sysinstall and I choose distribution with ports, and after that i did like in every tutorial.

As far as I understood i have to update information about ports? I will follow the instructions, hoping i will not destroy something.

Thanx people!

Back