Solved Missing flashplugin11

• Thread starter Deleted member 9563
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9563

In the new Firefox 47.0 Flash 11 no longer shows up. There used to be both Flash 9 and Flash 11. Now there is only Flash 9.

Having them both was always a problem as version 9 did not work and prevented version 11 from staying active. But what do I do now? I've installed www/linux-c6-flashplugin11 the same as I've done innumerable times in the past, but Firefox no longer picks it up.

I'm using FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p10 and KDE Platform Version 4.14.3.

Thanks ILUXA. I don't think Flash is anywhere near dead since it is not possible to use a browser for everyday things without getting that nasty popup from Adobe. Like most people though, I wish it was. :)

I'm researching both your suggestions now. It seems like Pipelight is a complicated affair and Firefox is already quite delicate. But I'll look deeper. Is Shumway still supported? It seems the page is very old and makes reference to vintage FF versions. Has anybody else here tried either of these?

I'm using Shumway with current firefox -- 47, and it works fine.
Also pipelight work fine for me, just tested it.
Screenshot at 2016-06-06 13:22:37.png

If you see this warning when you try to install Shumway from this page http://mozilla.github.io/shumway/
Снимок экрана от 2016-06-06 12-56-37.png

Then open about:config, search xpinstall.signatures.required and set it to false,
after Shumway can be successfully installed.

I solved the problem. It seems that when I updated the system, the nspluginwrapper either didn't work, or I didn't do it right this time. In case anybody sees this thread and can use the information, here is what to do.
Code:
# portmaster www/nspluginwrapper
# portmaster  www/linux-c6-flashplugin11

% nspluginwrapper -v -a -i
% nspluginwrapper -v -a -u

Firefox seems to be stable now, and it wasn't before. (That's another subject) However, I still get the usual
Error loading player:
Flash version must be 10.0 or greater

In what world is 11 not greater than 10? It's hard not to make quirps like perhaps Adobe should avoid doing their arithmetic in-house.

I'm using Shumway with current firefox -- 47, and it works fine.
Also pipelight work fine for me, just tested it.

Whilst I realize that replying to a "SOLVED" thread is probably really bad form, I just had a simple question since you seem to have Flash and Pipelight working. For me, Pipelight works fine with Flash on any site which is regular http, but when I try to load Youtube or a site such as "crackle.com" which are https-based, Pipelight, Flash, Wine and the browser all crash. I was just wondering if you've been successful at loading sites with DRM and the Latest Flash? It would be most helpful in trying to determine which way to troubleshoot this.

Whilst I realize that replying to a "SOLVED" thread is probably really bad form, I just had a simple question since you seem to have Flash and Pipelight working. For me, Pipelight works fine with Flash on any site which is regular http, but when I try to load Youtube or a site such as "crackle.com" which are https-based, Pipelight, Flash, Wine and the browser all crash. I was just wondering if you've been successful at loading sites with DRM and the Latest Flash? It would be most helpful in trying to determine which way to troubleshoot this.

Pipelight work fine for me on every web page, tested with seamonkey and it's working fine with firefox. Normally I'm using Shumway with www/firefox and when I need something that require flash and shumway cannot help -- I'm using my secondary browser - www/seamonkey, with pipelight flash plugin activated (with "ask to activate"). By the way, shumway won't work with activated flash plugin, so you need to set it to "never activate" in firefox plugin settings. (about:addons, "Plugins" tab).

Firefox (firefox-47.0_1,1) with pipelight flash plugin 21 playing youtube video with flash player --
888888888.png

Try to disable all your browser extensions and try again (rename ~/.mozilla/firefox folder to ~/.mozilla/firefox.bak and restart your browser).

Thanks, guys!

There are so many variables afoot between pipelight, wine and a few other issues that I'm kinda struggling to figure out where the problem is. I'll likely need to start a new thread on it, but if I could ask just one little last favor in this one. Try going to www.crackle.com and see if you can watch any video there. If that works for you, then there's something odd going on with Adobe Flash version 21 and my arrangement here. Everything else works just fine, but when Flash is using DRM (Digital Rights Management) then it's a pretty hard crash. I've tried it on different machines with different video cards and thus have eliminated that suspect, but I just can't get Flash to work and sadly not all that many sites have moved to HTML5 as yet. All of the other plugins work just fine, but not Flash.

Thanks for any advice on this, this has been driving me nuts for months now.

Try going to www.crackle.com and see if you can watch any video there.
It's working fine for me on firefox and seamonkey with pipelight-0.2.8.2.

How do you install that? The latest I see here is 11.2.
emulators/pipelight
Pipelight is a wrapper for using Windows plugins in FreeBSD browsers
and therefore giving you the possibility to access services which
are otherwise not available for FreeBSD users.

To make pipelight flash plugin visible for firefox-seamonkey,
1. Install emulators/pipelight
2. Execute sudo pipelight-plugin --update
3. sudo pipelight-plugin --create-mozilla-plugins
4. sudo pipelight-plugin --enable flash
5. Start firefox/seamonkey to run wine flash installer script
6. Exit firefox-seamonkey and delete pluginreg.dat in your firefox/seamonkey profile folder ~/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxx.default/pluginreg.dat
7. Start firefox and use pipelight flash plugin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all, for posting these Adobe Flash fixes. My daughter created a computer game and posted it online.
I was able to play this new game just this morning on my FreeBSD 10.3 refurbished desktop!

Back