Marvell 88SE6145 with ZFS Timeouts

Hi Ers,

I have done everything, the kernel is building as we speak!
I keep my fingers crossed :D

Thanks!

it works!!! GREAT!!!

Thanks mav and everybody else who helped!

btw. There is another fix that had been submitted after the marvell fix that one will not compile on 8.1
just a note to other people :)

This post can be marked as solved ;)

Well it's not a fix. just a caution :)

If you use Revision 218605, That one will not compile into the kernel. Only the revision for Marvell will work. :)
BTW, everything is still stable after 3 days of use :)

Only thing is I cannot use atacontrol for spindown... It does not see any disks. I have to use camcontrol for it.

aronjd said:
Well it's not a fix. just a caution :)

If you use Revision 218605, That one will not compile into the kernel. Only the revision for Marvell will work. :)
BTW, everything is still stable after 3 days of use :)

Only thing is I cannot use atacontrol for spindown... It does not see any disks. I have to use camcontrol for it.

I do not chatch...
mav@ submited rev.218596 in which he accidentally dropped DH89xxCC/Patsburg chip IDs
in next rev.218605 described "Restore DH89xxCC/Patsburg chip IDs accentally dropped at r218596." he just restore them...
so both of them should compile.
I have compiled rev.218605 into 8.1-RELEASE with modifications mav@ described without any problems and everything is stable so far.

About atacontrol and camcontrol... are they dependent on enabling new ahci driver?

Anybody knows, if this patch got merged yet? I might have a similiar issue with stable 8.2 and cannot see anything regarding ahci got patched if I sync.

Back