1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel HD3000 and 1920x1080

Discussion in 'System Hardware' started by Miax, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Miax

Miax New Member

I've bought a sandy bridge system and I did know that there is no driver for Intel HD3000 graphics. I don't need the best graphical performance anyhow, but the problem is I couldn't get 1920x1080 resolution. X server uses vesa driver and I set 1920x1080 mode in /etc/X11/xorg.conf but it seems it doesn't work. Is there a way to FHD with Intel HD3000? or need a discrete graphics card?

2. vermaden

vermaden Member

OpenBSD probably would support that resolution without acceleration.

3. Miax

Miax New Member

Thanks for the reply. Then it seems there is no way to get FHD in FreeBSD other than that I buy a discrete graphics card. I'll try Open/NetBSD.

4. wblock@

wblock@ Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Developer

5. Miax

Miax New Member

That's a good news. But I already ordered a cheap Nvidia card. Nonetheless I hope the HD3000 IGP driver is comming officially in the near future, 'cause my mini-itx board has only 1 pci-e slot.

6. ericchern

ericchern New Member

I've also bought a sandy bridge system Thinkpad x220i with Intel HD3000 graphics.
    I even couldn't get 1366x768 resolution. maybe all 16:9 resolution aren't supported by intel hd3000 graphics.

7. developej

developej New Member

Any news on this? Where are we standing with FreeBSD 9 and HD 3000? I was searching around, but couldn't find anything solid...

8. thuglife

thuglife New Member

3000HD should be 0x01268086 if i am not mistaken, this is reported to work with the KMS patch.
    http://wiki.freebsd.org/AGP_Testing

Posting the output of: # pciconf -lv would help though.