Solved I can't watch Netflix anymore. It says that I'm using a VPN or proxy,but I'm not doing it.

Hello.

since some days I get these errors when I try to watch the contents of netflix launching chrome patched to work with widevine :

Code:
lib.cpp:620: info: GetCdmVersion
lib.cpp:562: info: started process; pid = 5870
fcdm-jail: spawned jail 3
ELF binary type "3" not known.
fcdm-jail: execve: Exec format error

is my system that's damaged or you also have these errors ? thanks.

I've fixed the previous error by re-enabling Linux on rc.conf (something changed it,not me directly).
Now I get this error :

Istantanea_2024-04-05_18-48-11.png

It says that I'm using a VPN or proxy,but I'm not.

If I go on :

chrome://linux-proxy-config , it says :

When you run Chromium in a supported desktop environment, your system's proxy settings are used. However, your system is not supported or there was a problem starting your system configuration. You can still configure via the command line. See man chrome for more information about flags and environment variables.

https://bitmovin.com/demos/drm :​

DRM detected , using widevine.​

Media Source Extension – MSE​

MSE is supported by your current browser.
  • video/mp4; codecs="avc1.42c00d"
  • video/mp4; codecs="ec-3"
  • video/webm; codecs="vorbis,vp8"
  • video/mp2t; codecs="avc1.42E01E,mp4a.40.2"

Encrypted Media Extension – EME​

EME is supported by your current browser.
  • widevine
  • playready
  • primetime
  • fairplay

I have chromium-123.0.6312.58 installed

chromium seems to have stopped working with setfib and a split vpn connection
which i have been using for years

not sure what the issue is, i havent looked into it yet

This problem persists even using Windows. So,it depends on Netflix.

PS : I changed internet service provider and it worked. So,I've understood how to fix it. They say that I can't use a VPN or proxy. But I tried to connect to netflix using a VPN and it worked.

Last edited:
Or you are doing the same thing in Windows.

Or something in your local setup.

Or something (proxy or VPN) between your computer and Netflix.

If the problem exists on Windows and FreeBSD then it is most likely on your side rather than Netflix otherwise plenty of bug reports would have been made on this subject.
It won't help but just so you know on FreeBSD 13.2 there is no problem, the browser is www/chromium installed via pkg on host not in jail, tested without VPN.

When I still used an IPv6 broker (he.net) I got the dreaded "You are using a VPN" issue too. Even though I've always used the same exit point in Amsterdam, sometimes it worked, but most of the time Netflix and Disney+ complained about the "VPN/Proxy" at the same time. Technically the IPv6 tunnel is a VPN, or something similar to it, it tunnels one network over another. It changes your 'exit' point, from where you are connecting to their services. And I got the impression they all use the same blocklist from the same supplier. I "solved" the issue by turning off IPv6 on my streaming clients, forcing them to use IPv4. Never got that "VPN/Proxy" again. That's something to keep in mind, if you are using an IPv6 tunnel broker.

It's currently "solved" when I switched from a cable internet provider to a fiber internet provider. That also got me a "native" IPv6 address without having to use the IPv6 tunnel broker. IPv6 is switched on again on the streaming clients and I haven't seen a "VPN/Proxy" alert yet.

That's something to keep in mind, if you are using an IPv6 tunnel broker.

I'm not using an IPV6 tunnel broker. I even disabled IPV6 when I have installed FreeBSD. Can it be that my service provider uses a VPN or proxy ? Because when I have used the mobile connection of my phone,the problem gone away.

If the problem exists on Windows and FreeBSD then it is most likely on your side rather than Netflix otherwise plenty of bug reports would have been made on this subject.
It won't help but just so you know on FreeBSD 13.2 there is no problem, the browser is www/chromium installed via pkg on host not in jail, tested without VPN.

yes. It does not depends about NetFlix,but it does not depends even by me. I'm not doing anything strange. I think that it depends about my service provider,at this point.

Code:
BE                                Active Mountpoint Space Created

default                           NR     /          118G  2023-12-04 16:08
14.0-RELEASE-p5_2024-04-01_211643 -      -          1.60G 2024-04-01 21:16

I found something really interesting. I've got my electricity bill and my access to the website of the electricity supplier has been denied to me. Luckily it reported the proxy that someone or something is using (I'm not aware that I'm using one in some way),please give a look below :

Code:
Access denied to : www.servizioelettriconazionale.it 
Error 15
What happened?
This request was blocked by our security service                      
Your IP:                79.22.168.217
Proxy IP:               107.154.127.77

So,now I know that the proxy that "I'm" using is 107.154.127.77. But :

1) I'm not using a vpn

2) I'm not using an IPV6 broker

3) I haven't added a proxy on my browser

4) I've changed OS,I've switched on Linux and Windows and the proxy is even there. So I'm sure that I can't have it installed in 3 different operating systems, I would remember that I rarely use Linux and Windows.

5) I'm not using tor

so,what's happening ? My theory is the proxy is used by my Internet service provider. So,what's 107.154.127.77 ?

Code:
NetRange:       107.154.0.0 - 107.154.255.255
CIDR:           107.154.0.0/16
NetName:        INCAPSULA-NETWORK
NetHandle:      NET-107-154-0-0-1
Parent:         NET107 (NET-107-0-0-0-0)
NetType:        Direct Allocation
OriginAS:       AS19551
Organization:   Incapsula Inc (INCAP-5)
RegDate:        2013-12-02
Updated:        2021-12-14
Ref:            https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ip/107.154.0.0

what is this ?

Back