Solved How to update ZFS to 2.2.2 version?

There are OpenZFS 2.2.2 & OpenZFS 2.1.14 Released To Fix Data Corruption Issue.
Command zfs -V shows 2.2.0 version on box with fresh installation of FreeBSD 14.0-Release.
How to correctly update OpenZFS on FreeBSD 14.0-Release to 2.2.2 version?

Attachments

• zfs.png
    zfs.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 58
I updated the system using freebsd-update up to 14.0-RELEASE-p2 version.
But the zfs -V command still shows version 2.2.0

Attachments

• zfs.png
    zfs.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 56
Newer version of OpenZFS won't be merged into an existing release. Not allowed. It'll be merged in -CURRENT first, then it may get MFC'ed to stable/14 (so it'll be included with the next 14.1-RELEASE).

Specific, breaking, bugs in a -RELEASE might get fixed, that's what the Errata Notices are.

It was a more 'general' remark, simply put, the version of OpenZFS is stuck on 2.2.0 on 14.0-RELEASE for it's entire lifetime (lifetime of 14.0, not the entire 14 branch).

I don't understand, is there any way to update the zfs version without recompiling the kernel on FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE-p2?

I don't understand, is there any way to update the zfs version without recompiling the kernel on FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE-p2?

If you really want 2.2.2 for the non-safety fixes then you have to upgrade to 14-STABLE by compiling yourself.

Hi, the simplest set of answers might be:
  • you need not update ZFS
  • relevant goodness from OpenZFS ZFS 2.2.2 is in FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE-p2.
p2 represents patch level 2.

Yes, important thing to note here is that only a few selected patches have been backported to the OpenZFS 2.2.0 of FreeBSD 14.0. The version of OpenZFS in 14.0-RELEASE did not change.

Back