How to install VMWare-tools on FreeBSD 8?

ok, so I wrote part 2 today. As this is a slightly different article and needs to be found in search withe different terms I feel it needs its own post.

I have the following features working:

• Clipboard Synchonization
  • Grab/Release Mouse Input when mouse enters/leaves the guests screen
  • Autofit Guest (automatically making the guests screen resolution take all available space)
  • Time Synchronization (the time in the VMWare guest will match the hosts time).

Read the article here:

Hmmm. That's basically what I did, yet the mouse selection and clipboard sharing does not work. I do have vmtoolsd and vmware-user running. I'm using Gnome2.28.2, 8.0 32 bit, and VMware player 3.0.0 running on Win7 Ultimate 32 bit.

Actually, the clipboard sharing works, as does autofitting of the guest VM. Just not the Grab/Release for the mouse.

Well, the problem I'm having seems to be a bit more subtle than I realized, and I bet it's a bug in the VMware mouse driver.

Grab/Release always works on the left of the screen, usually on the top, but never on the right or bottom. The mouse in this case is a trackpoint, the nipple located in the middle of the keyboard.

I've not gotten the center "mouse" button to scroll properly yet, so this is a problem. It is hard to keep the "mouse" in the scroll region, and that messes up the focus.

Weird. I've used VMware for a lot of years, and I've never seen this sort of thing.

The keyboard Grab/Release is working for me.

I actually did one other thing I didn't mention...I sped up the speed of my mouse in KDE, I didn't think to mention that.

Guys Vmware Tools aren't installed on FreeBSD virtual machine.
Here is the message I get when trying to install:

Code:
shlus# ls
FILES      doc           lib
INSTALL    etc           vmware-install.pl
bin        installer
shlus# ./vmware-install.pl
./vmware-install.pl: Command not found.
How to install it?

Trojan said:
Guys Vmware Tools aren't installed on FreeBSD virtual machine.
Here is the message I get when trying to install:

Code:
shlus# ls
FILES      doc           lib
INSTALL    etc           vmware-install.pl
bin        installer
shlus# ./vmware-install.pl
./vmware-install.pl: Command not found.
How to install it?
I also had the same problem.
use
# pkg_add -v -r perl