how to disable GDM to show all users

Hi

i'm new to GNOME and hope someone can help me

i have freebsd 8.0 release p2 installed, gnome2-lite 2.28.2_1, gdm 2.28.2_1

while the gdm login screen appears, it show all the users i have in the system. is there any option to exclude users from gdm listing? a have lot's of users and it is really not easy to find myself in the list :)

thx in advance

Do as root:
Code:
su - gdm gconftool-2 --set --type boolean /apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list true

hmm, this is what i have

Code:
root@keeper ~# su - gdm gconftool-2 --set --type boolean /apps/gdm/simple-greeting/disable-user-list true
This account is currently not available.

Configuring GDM via Configuration Editor

I tried setting /apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list via the "Configuration Editor" under GNOME after logging in as root but this failed to do the trick.

From what I understand, this only applied settings to the root user whereas we need to set the "disable_user_list" setting for the gdm user. I right clicked on "disable_user_list" and selected "Set as Default" which caused the setting to be made for all users including gdm. That finally got rid of the user list.

But how do I make this setting for user gdm only? Running gconftool-2 as user gdm gave me errors:
Code:
192# su -m gdm -c "gconftool-2 -a /apps/gdm/simple-greeter"
GLib-GIO:ERROR:gdbusconnection.c:2270:initable_init: assertion failed: (connection->initialization_error == NULL)
Abort
192#

Back