how to build my own browser ?

hi all

i want to learn web browser programming so ...
what the browser tools that i can use in freebsd ?
and if anyone know how can i learn it it will help too :)

have a nice day

hmmm ok thanks for the info and the great site >> but can you name a programming tool to use it as the visual studio in microsoft windows ..for c# or the major languages

Do you want to write your own Web browser?
Or do you want to compile one from ports?

In 1st case, you need gcc (c) or g++ (c++) available in base FreeBSD
if you simply want to compile some Browser from ports then read handbook how to do it. (some popular browsers: www/firefox, www/opera there are more)

killasmurf86 said:
Do you want to write your own Web browser?
Or do you want to compile one from ports?

In 1st case, you need gcc (c) or g++ (c++) available in base FreeBSD
if you simply want to compile some Browser from ports then read handbook how to do it. (some popular browsers: www/firefox, www/opera there are more)

Opera in ports comes in binary form, since its not an opensource project.

Red_Flag: This will not be a similar experience to creating a browser in C# (.NET) and Visual Studio.

You will not just be able to drag and drop a web browser component onto a form and click the "play" button.

I would suggest learning c/c++ and then definately look into WebKit.

thanks man for your advice ..i already know c/c#/c++ and im not saying that it will be the same process all i mean is that i want to know which tool on freebsd that i can use cause im new :)

Its too bad there are no RAD tools that would do the drag and drop thing (although, KDE may have something like that). You may want to check out Uzbl as well, which allows for customisability options.

atarahas said:
Its too bad there are no RAD tools that would do the drag and drop thing

What about http://www.realsoftware.com/realbasic/?

Granted, it's basic... but still.

Borland also used to put out a product called Kylix, which was Delphi for Linux (it appears Borland has changed substantially since I've last used their products, some 12 years ago).

Disclaimer: I have not tried this product, and do not know if it will perform under the Linux binary compatibility layer. But, it's a start I suppose.

The best RAD library / IDE for Linux and FreeBSD that I know of is wxWidgets and Code::Blocks, however as far as I know, there is no wxWebBrowser component... yet :p

thx guys :) .. i hope there will be an improvement for programmers in freebsd it should be in the lead over all

Back