Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loaded all the packages and when i log on to the startx it gives me blank terminals but when i try to move the mouse around or type something nothing works and i have to reboot it please advise.

have you configured the two section "InputDevice" (one for keyboard and one for mouse) in xorg.conf?

I also use dbus and hald.

Never mind. New users really should read the information we send them when they sign up. The Sticky posts are there for a good reason.

NathanJAllen said:
I did everything and it still freezes up everytime I log in to startx. Please advise.

Pardon any skepticism, expressed or implied, but "everything" is a lot. After enabling dbus and hal in /etc/rc.conf, did you actually start them by rebooting or from the command line?

pamdirac said:
have you configured the two section "InputDevice" (one for keyboard and one for mouse) in xorg.conf?

I also use dbus and hald.

When you use hal, the InputDevice sections in xorg.conf are not needed (or used).

how do you do that? because when i type it always say bad command. so can you give me a step by step beginners guide? you know,a freebsd for dummies guide?

NathanJAllen said:
it still says command not found. please advise.

Please post the actual error message. It may be that you don't actually have dbus and hal installed, or any of a thousand other things.

In order not to go through those thousand things, a detour to The Handbook is most advisable. Seriously, NathanJAllen, start reading.

I finally got my mouse and keyboard working on everything except the startx which keeps freezing my computer ie nothing moves or blinks please advise.

Yes. Everything works except the startx. also everytime i type something besides that it says bad command or command not found or something similiar and everytime i type start x it takes me to the gui but wont let me type or move the mouse and freezes the computer and i have to reboot please advise.

Read the handbook, and invest some time in learning instead of stumbling from one misunderstood error to another random solution. That's the advice. These forums are not a helpdesk, we're here to help people educate themselves. This thread is now closed. If you keep posting questions that clearly illustrate that you refuse to educate yourself, you will be put on extended leave (free of charge).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back