Help, no titlebar

I encountered a problem, some window managers cannot show the title bar. No title bar: twm, awesome. Have title bar: blackbox, openbox, fluxbox, xfce. So I guess it's because the internal implementation is different? But I see no relative error logs, my question is how to fix it?

My system is FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE , thank you.

mortoxa said:
In the case of awesome you can change whether the titlebar is displayed or not in your rc.lua file.
This FAQ will help: http://awesome.naquadah.org/wiki/FAQ#How_to_control_titlebars.3F

I don't know for sure, but I assume twm would have a similar config file to control this.

Yes. I found neither ~/.config/awesome/rc.lua nor /etc/xdg/awesome/rc.lua exists, so I saved a default rc.lua. There is something like enable_titlebar in it , default value is false, so I changed it to true, restart awesome, and the titlebar shows up. I guess twm also leaves the titlebar disabled if no configuration file exists.

Thank you for your help and I believe the problem is about the configuration file.

Bye the way, awesome's focus system seems weird on my system, and I don't know and like lua, so lua's configuration is not a merit for me. I just used openbox as my window manager, I found it is more stable and keystrokes like ALT-TAB are more similar to other windows system.

neoe said:
I found neither ~/.config/awesome/rc.lua nor /etc/xdg/awesome/rc.lua exists, so I saved a default rc.lua.
A more likely location would be /usr/local/etc/xdg/awesome/rc.lua. Keep in mind that ports on FreeBSD should never have configuration files in /etc/, it's always set to /usr/local/etc/. Contrary to Linux where everything and everybody has their configurations in /etc/.

Back