GTK2 Theme, how to change Panel/WindowsButtons style?

Hello
I'm using XFCE and a GTK 2.0 theme with which I'm quite happy, but I would like to change the panel color from white to black.

I tried to change the bg-color of the panel to black which worked fine, but the "buttons" of the currently opened windows (called WindowsButtons) are still looking according to the theme.

I tried replacing the panel.rc file in my theme with the panel.rc of a theme with black panel but that doesn't help. How can I make those WindowsButtons different from normal buttons?

Thanks a lot!

SirDice said:
I think they're set by the window manager theme.
hmmm..I tried changing the window manager theme, but the windowsbuttons in the panel are not changed.

Can you make a screenshot or something? I'm not really sure which buttons you mean.

SirDice said:
Can you make a screenshot or something? I'm not really sure which buttons you mean.

1zog2et.jpg

Ah, that one. A picture says more than a thousand words :e

Still no idea where to change it though. But have a look at the Atolm theme, it's what I use and it has a nice dark feel to it. Perhaps you can use that to figure out which setting sets that particular color.

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/?content=136789

SirDice said:
Ah, that one. A picture says more than a thousand words :e

Still no idea where to change it though. But have a look at the Atolm theme, it's what I use and it has a nice dark feel to it. Perhaps you can use that to figure out which setting sets that particular color.

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/?content=136789

thanks. But hmm...I found out, that the style is set by

class "GtkButton" style "button"

When I remove this line or the style "button" section, then it is black, but all the "normal" GtkButtons as well.
So the question is: Is there a way to define a special style only for the GtkButtons in the panel?

Does anyone know that?

My problem isn't really solved though.....

Don't you guys also have the problem, that with XFCE (-panel), every GTK 2 Theme makes the panel look stupid because of those windowsbuttons? Or is it just me?

I've been using that Atolm theme for quite a while on XFCE and I haven't noticed it.

SirDice said:
I've been using that Atolm theme for quite a while on XFCE and I haven't noticed it.

Atolm is working fine for me too, as the button's style fits in the panel.

8yw1ky.jpg

as soon as the button color doesn't match the panels color, it totally sucks:

2cdlxk.jpg

I can't imagine that it should be like that..

Back