gnome window not opening

Hi,

I looked at the /boot/defaults/loader.conf and added the following line in my /boot/loader.conf.
The lines are as follows:
Code:
if_ath_load = "YES"
if_cm_load = "YES"
snd_sb16_load = "YES"
snd_sb8_load = "YES"

After I added the above lines and rebooted, my gnome window is not coming up. I am getting the following error.
Code:
login: mount option <snapshot> is unknown
Surprisingly, when I am opening /boot/loader.conf I am not seeing those lines at all. How can I remove the lines that I added?
I also would like to know which one is causing it.
Regards,

I don't think any whitespace is allowed in /boot/loader.conf.

Thanks for your reply DutchDaemon,

The problem is, if I can see those lines in the /boot/loader.conf then I can edit it, I cannot even see those lines. But, I know I added those lines which I mentioned before logged in as a regular user in gnome window, then opened roxterm, did a su and then edited the file.

Now I cannot start gnome at all.

Regards,

Are you sure you didn't accidentally edited /boot/default/loader.conf?

I just checked the /boot/defaults/loader.conf, all the settings are set to no, also the
#
ls -ltr

on /boot/defaults directory gave me the following.

Code:
total 22
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 20496 Nov 21 2009 loader.conf

I also looked at /var/log/messages, in there I found the following

#
tail -20 /var/log/messages

Code:
May 31 12:02:47 home fsck: /dev/ad0s1e: CANNOT CREATE SNAPSHOT /tmp/.snap/fsck_snapshot: Invalid argument mount option <snapshot> is unknown
May 31 12:02:47 home kernel: mount option <snapshot> is unknown
May 31 12:02:47 home fsck: 
May 31 12:02:47 home fsck: /dev/ad0s1e: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY

Regards,

Ok. It seems you have a problem with /tmp. You can either run fsck(8) on that partition (ad0s1e) and try to fix the inconsistencies (use the -y option) or just newfs(8) it and reboot. There shouldn't be anything important on that filesystem anyway.

Make sure there isn't something in /tmp/ now too. When that filesystem failed to mount the system will just use the available /tmp/ directory. Which currently takes up space on your root (/) partition.

Back