FreeBSD Screen Shots

CodeBlock said:
About Gnome, not at all, that was made using xmonad (a tiling window manager) and feh to set the background. Terminals are rxvt-unicode.

I'm trying out WMII right now though, I like it so far.

Hi CodeBlock,

last night, I was trying xmonad, I installed xmonad, xmobar, vim on my clean install new freebsd8 and even git to fetch your dotfiles to replaces your configuration. but no luck, xmonad never come up to desktop. :(
I don't know what I'm missing. Could you help me some more few steps to get on xmonad running? houuuu :x

pkhtut said:
Hi CodeBlock,

last night, I was trying xmonad, I installed xmonad, xmobar, vim on my clean install new freebsd8 and even git to fetch your dotfiles to replaces your configuration. but no luck, xmonad never come up to desktop. :(
I don't know what I'm missing. Could you help me some more few steps to get on xmonad running? houuuu :x

Please start a topic in the relevant sub-forum:
http://forums.freebsd.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31

joel@ said:
Saint0fCloud, what are you using to show all those colors, wm, uptime, kernel etc?

just a little shell detail script that I wrote piped through cw. Most of the commands should be self explanatory (i.e. uname -ri, uptime etc etc...). The window manager part and the color theme part is still a little buggy but it's a good exercise :). The script for displaying the colors is just a generic colors.sh that I found on the internet

CodeBlock said:
Can I get your .Xdefaults?

Sure, but they're just Taters'

Code:
*foreground: #DDEEDD
*background: #1C1C1C

!black
*color0: #1C1C1C
*color8: #4d4d4d
!red
*color1: #D81860
*color9: #F00060
!green
*color2: #B7CE42
*color10: #BDE077
!yellow
*color3: #FEA63C
*color11: #FFE863
!blue
*color4: #66AABB
*color12: #AACCBB
!magenta
*color5: #B7416E
*color13: #BB4466
!cyan
*color6: #5E7175
*color14: #A3BABF
!white
*color7: #DDEEDD
*color15: #6C887A

Code:
background no
use_xft yes

xftfont Consolas :size=14

update_interval 0.5

total_run_times 0

double_buffer yes

own_window yes
own_window_type desktop
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

minimum_size 480 5

draw_shades no
draw_outline no
draw_borders no

alignment top_left

gap_x 35
gap_y 5
no_buffers yes
uppercase no

TEXT
${color yellow}MEMORY ${color}$memperc% ($mem)  |  ${color yellow}SWAP ${color}${swap}/${swapmax}  |  ${color yellow}/USR ${color}${fs_free 
/usr}/${fs_size /usr}  |  ${color yellow}/MISC ${color}${fs_free /mnt/misc}/${fs_size /mnt/misc} | ${color yellow}/DATA_DRIVE 
${color}${fs_free /DATA_DRIVE}/${fs_size /DATA_DRIVE} | ${color yellow}NETWORK ${color}${totaldown bge0}/${totalup bge0} |

The font comes from another OS and and you can download it from their developers website.

Back