FreeBSD 8.0 can't found vlc-1.0.6,3

hi,

I have some problem with vlc-1.0.3 witch is on freeBSD 8.0 (/usr/ports/multimedia/vlc).
So i will install the 1.0.6:
Code:
pkg_add -r vlc   //(yes after port upgrade)
Error: Unable to get ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8.0-release/Latest/vlc.tbz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
pkg_add: unable to fetch 'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8.0-release/Latest/vlc.tbz' by URL
And on ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8.0-release/, i dont't have find it in folder "latest", and "multimedia".

Where can i find it o install it.

Thanks

try port install

Hi

instead of pkg_add try :

try this
1) [cmd=]portsclean -C[/cmd]
2) [cmd=]cvsup -h cvsup.freebsd.org -g -L 2 /usr/share/example/cvsup/ports-supfile[/cmd]
3) [cmd=]cd /usr/ports/multimedie/vlc[/cmd] and then [cmd=]make install clean[/cmd]

Tom-Pele.

If you want a vlc package, you will have to point your PACKAGESITE variable to the 8-STABLE packages (see pkg_add(1) and search the forums for PACKAGESITE).

Maybe try packages-8-stable. A chance it
will give "error" not "warning" if it is
there, though. (A few other things can
go wrong, also). Also, you must append the
number: vlc-[number]-[suffix] usually to
ftp (ncftp)

DutchDaemon said:
If you want a vlc package, you will have to point your PACKAGESITE variable to the 8-STABLE packages (see pkg_add(1) and search the forums for PACKAGESITE).
Ok, thanks.
I found it, it will not install (because of dependencies), after some manipulation it will be installed, but with the same problem on launch.

Back