FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE + Xorg

The trick I found after much fooling around (I am a complete FreeBSD newbie, although I've been using Ubuntu for a few years) is that when installing, before the install is finalized and it asks what you want to do: go to the shell at that point to make additional modifications; that way, when you execute pkg install xorg, it will be able to find it on the attached ISO.

I see I am making a LOT of assumptions here, so let me tell you what my situation is, and you can pick and choose from my proposed solution. I am installing FreeBSD 10 64 bit on a VirtualBox VM from an ISO (DVD1) file. I would suggest that, regardless of the particulars, the problem here is the O/S finding the Xorg file, so if you install it before the OS install is complete at that point where it asks if you want to complete the install or got to the shell to make additions and do the latter, it is able to find the Xorg file, otherwise there will be complications.

Hope this helps.

Keep in mind that sometimes packages fail to build for whatever reason. And because they're only built once a week it may take some time to get the packages fixed.

Back