firefox/thunderbird take very long time (~45s) to start

I've never had this problem before. Launching either firefox or thunderbird in KDE takes around 30-45s to load and there is no launch feedback. Other gtk apps load just fine, not to mention qt native apps launch in less than a second.

This problem didn't exist on my last machine and it's only been one week. Anyone have any insight into this problem?

I think the problem lies more with plugins and extensions. Stumbleupon for instance will (if you don't log out on browser close) prefetch some stuff from the net.

You could start it from Konsole window to see if there's anything specific it's hanging on or that it just does a lot while starting.

Mel_Flynn said:
I think the problem lies more with plugins and extensions. Stumbleupon for instance will (if you don't log out on browser close) prefetch some stuff from the net.

You could start it from Konsole window to see if there's anything specific it's hanging on or that it just does a lot while starting.

No noise when started from console, only addon installed is the default one (DOM inspector I think?)

Back