ffmpeg problem

Hi guys,

I use the portupdater script and portmaster to update applications installed on my PC. However when I ran the script portupdater last time it asked me to update FFMPEG using:

Code:
20131028:
  AFFECTS: users of multimedia/ffmpeg1 and multimedia/ffmpeg-devel
  AUTHOR: [email]wg@FreeBSD.org[/email]

The port ffmpeg was updated, ffmpeg1 and ffmpeg-devel were removed in
  favor of ffmpeg.

# portmaster -o multimedia/ffmpeg multimedia/ffmpeg1
    or
  # portupgrade -fo multimedia/ffmpeg multimedia/ffmpeg1
    or
  # pkg set -o multimedia/ffmpeg1:multimedia/ffmpeg

and

# portmaster -o multimedia/ffmpeg multimedia/ffmpeg-devel
    or
  # portupgrade -fo multimedia/ffmpeg multimedia/ffmpeg-devel
    or
  # pkg set -o multimedia/ffmpeg-devel:multimedia/ffmpeg

but I don't see the port ffmpeg1 in /var/db/pkg/ and it absents in /usr/ports/multimedia/. So it makes me think the port and ports collection are updated but probably I recompiled/updated the port incorrectly. Could you let me know how it can be fixed?

Thank you.

I as well encountered an issue last night building audio/moc, it threw an error right after installing ffmpeg complaining that "avcodec.1" did not exist. I can share further details once I return home tonight if our problems are indeed similar symptoms of the same problem.
What version are you running? I'm running the FreeBSD-10BETA2.

I think that only applies to those, like myself, who used ffmpeg1 rather than ffmpeg.

For a while, the FreeBSD version of ffmpeg was relatively old, and working more slowly than newer versions. Therefore, there was an additional port, using a 1.x version (the FreeBSD version was 0.something). It looks as if the latest ffmpeg version is more current, so they probably no longer need the ffmpeg1 port.

Currently the port ffmpeg-2.1,1 is installed and

Code:
FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE #0 r255898

is running on my box.

segfault said:
I as well encountered an issue last night building audio/moc, it threw an error right after installing ffmpeg complaining that "avcodec.1" did not exist. I can share further details once I return home tonight if our problems are indeed similar symptoms of the same problem.
What version are you running? I'm running the FreeBSD-10BETA2.
I am having this problem while running FreeBSD-10-BETA3. I have multimedia/mplayer2 installed, no GUI, and it will play M4A, and MP4 files just fine.

Doing some not at all rigorous testing indicates that the new version of multimedia/ffmpeg is a bit slower processing multimedia files than ffmpeg1 (not putting it in a file tag, as it is no longer a port). Not major--on a 176 MB file with a simple conversion, something like ffmpeg -i 123.avi -vcodec libx264 -acodec aac -strict -2 123.mp4 is few seconds over 2 minutes, where ffmpeg1 was around 1 minute, 45 seconds or so.

Still a big improvement over the old multimedia/ffmpeg which would take about 6 minutes for the same file. (That was the version I mentioned earlier, that was an 0.something version).

An install of Fedora on the same machine is about 20 seconds faster, whereas it was only a few seconds faster than ffmpeg1, but I repeat this wasn't very rigorous testing.

Back