Do you ever get angry at your computer?

sam0016 said:
Lol I do this trying to rebuild a FreeBSD kernel over ssh and my net always has to cut out when I am running buildkernel and it is nearly done I am sure BT do this on purpose.

Install tmux from ports. Then you can run it first, start buildworld, disconnect the session (or close the terminal) and when you get home just type 'tmux attach' and the results will be waiting :)

Much nicer than building stuff 10 times

wblock@ said:
Seems like my biggest frustration is not being able to correctly type the right little finger characters: [ ] | \ { }
That's even worse on those keyboards where the pipe key has been moved or is smaller.

When I'm angry, I'd rather type the middle-finger character. :)

m6tt said:
Install tmux from ports. Then you can run it first, start buildworld, disconnect the session (or close the terminal) and when you get home just type 'tmux attach' and the results will be waiting :)

Much nicer than building stuff 10 times

Thanks I will look into that could save me a lot of time :)

roddierod said:
Back in the days of CRTs...I used to punch the screens and yes sometime I hurt myself. Now I limit myself to mouse slamming and yelling at the computer.

Hehe, Used to do that. It took me a while to un-learn this after I got a flat screen.

... Sometimes I miss my old CRT ...

Well on my old laptop, I couldn't figure out why Virtualbox started acting weird, crashing the entire system and I needed it to work, so I smacked it around a bit(butthead style) and cussed at it. I try not to do that anymore, turns out the problem was due to the kernel module not being recompiled, oops.
rolleyes.png

Back in November with the sound problem, I had the serious urge to break something, everytime I restarted the system and the hint's file changes didn't fix it.

My internet connection used to be bad.Just when you are chatting with a friend abroad internet connection will be on and off regularly. I hit the keyboard on table and start to type bad words about my ISP in google when the connection is back(most of the times a forum with my keyword is already started by someone).

I had a kvm that kept changing screens on me at very random times, it may happen once a day, or once a minute, who knows?
Led to some really weird "WTF" moments.

On one longer than usual workday, at the point that I realized the server fans were drilling into my brain, I kicked the monitor off my desk, I broke the LCD, but the kvm never messed up again. It was the monitor all along. I guess I took my anger out on the right device unintentionally.

Back