Can't install tk86 (or other) with pkgng

Hi all,

It is probably my foolishness, but I can't install a new package with PKGNG tools.I did the bootstrap thing to shift from pkg_* to PKGNG, but then I try the following:

Code:
root@mustafa:/root # pkg install tk85
Updating repository catalogue
Repository catalogue is up-to-date, no need to fetch fresh copy
pkg: Package 'tk85' was not found in the repositories
Any ideas? I can read more documentation if it is linked.

FYI:

Code:
root@mustafa:/root # pkg -v

root@mustafa:/root # uname -a
FreeBSD mustafa 9.1-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p5 #0: Sat Jul 27 01:01:40 UTC 2013     [email]root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net[/email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
Thanks!

Could you provide your /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf? It seems that you use an old PKGNG repository, which is not working for now.

Voila:

Code:
~/ (j=0,r=0)$ cat /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf
packagesite: [url]http://pkgbeta.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:9:x86:32/latest[/url]

Tx! Thanks!

Unfortunately pkgbeta contains only bootstrap files for now. It is possible to use the PC-BSD repository, but only for 64bit systems.

Junkie said:
Unfortunately pkgbeta contains only bootstrap files for now. It is possible to use the PC-BSD repository, but only for 64bit systems.

This is still fallout from the security incident of last year. The old style packages are a priority for the time being until the switch to the PKGNG packages is made official for all supported versions of FreeBSD.

I think we need to put up a big fat warning in the handbook that it's still a work in progress and that there are no official repositories yet.

SirDice said:
I think we need to put up a big fat warning in the handbook that it's still a work in progress and that there are no official repositories yet.

This. It is very confusing reading the handbook as it gives a lot of information about how to use the new package system, but no clues as to where the repositories are.

Back