1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't install Firefox 10 from ports

Discussion in 'Installation and Maintenance of Ports or Packages' started by a1111exe, Mar 3, 2012.

1. a1111exe

a1111exe New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi all,

I just did as root:

Code:
    cd /usr/ports/www/firefox
    make install clean

and got this:

Code:
    /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/obj-amd64-unknown-freebsd9.0/config/nsinstall -R -m 644 /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/gfx/qcms/qcms.h
     /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/gfx/qcms/qcmstypes.h ../../dist/include
    gmake[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/obj-amd64-unknown-freebsd9.0/gfx/qcms'
    gmake -C ipc export
    gmake[5]: Entering directory `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/obj-amd64-unknown-freebsd9.0/ipc'
    /usr/local/bin/perl5.12.4 /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/build/autoconf/make-makefile -t /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release
     -d .. testshell/Makefile
    creating ipc/testshell/Makefile
    gmake[5]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/ipc/app/Makefile.in', needed by `app/Makefile'.  Stop.
    gmake[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/obj-amd64-unknown-freebsd9.0/ipc'
    gmake[4]: *** [export_tier_platform] Error 2
    gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/obj-amd64-unknown-freebsd9.0'
    gmake[3]: *** [tier_platform] Error 2
    gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/obj-amd64-unknown-freebsd9.0'
    gmake[2]: *** [default] Error 2
    gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/obj-amd64-unknown-freebsd9.0'
    gmake[1]: *** [realbuild] Error 2
    gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release'
    gmake: *** [profiledbuild] Error 2
    *** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.
    *** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.

It's possible to install it by pkg_add -r, but this way I somehow only can get a Firefox 9. So I did pkg_delete on it and tried to install from ports. With error mentioned above.

My system:

Code:
    9.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE #0: Tue Jan  3 07:46:30 UTC 2012     root@farrell.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Thanks!

2. SirDice

SirDice Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Did you turn on any options?

Run # make rmconfig clean and try again.

3. Beeblebrox

Beeblebrox Member

Thanks Received:
    I have had the same problem for about 1 month now. I have tried turning off ccache, running without OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS and setting GCCVER 4.2 instead of my regular gcc46; no luck. I also use Seamonkey - that does not build either. Both mozilla port builds break consistently.

4. SirDice

SirDice Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Remove any CFLAGS and related variables from /etc/make.conf.

5. spoom

spoom New Member

Thanks Received:
    I too am having a problem with installing firefox 10. Installation halts when installing "gobject-introspection" and "cairo"; neither are installed. I would assume that any dependencies would be automatically installed as seems to be the usual procedure.

I just use the Dutchman's "portupdater" after manually updating a number of ports which would not update and were listed as dependencies (gobject-introspection, png, firefox, php5-gd); portupdater indicated the dead dependencies and I removed them. However, some, like png and php-gd should have remained as they should have been dependencies for php5 and phpMyAdmin would not update. I tried deinstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

And, phpMyAdmin (or is it phpmyadmin - I really think it would be consistent to decide whether to use the capitalization or not; this is rather confusing when searching and undermines the clarity and conciseness of FreeBSD in general) was installed earlier; it would not update until I deinstalled and reinstalled. And guess what: it is not installed and I just reinstalled it.

Am I due for the nuthouse or what is going on? Seamonkey is being stubborn - can't install it. Png won't install. I didn't find anything in UPDATING or in searching.

I have a nice little machine: Asus Maximus IV with i7-2600K at 4.7ghz, so compiling the ports is really, really quick (the motherboard was just replaced for a defective Marvell driver, unrelated to current problem) but the problems were there before replacement and have not abated.

What can I look for to post in debugging this problem?