Solved Can't boot to installer in 14.0-RELEASE iso

Hi. My USB has Ventoy installed and when I try booting FreeBSD-14.0-RELEASE-amd64-bootonly.iso image, I go with default options from loader but it reboots the system. How to troubleshoot this? I can't even read logs, I see messages like 1 second then it reboots.

I verified checksum of the image too. I am going try it without Ventoy.

My hardware: https://bsd-hardware.info/?probe=c60aeb219e

I grab the mini memstick image and wrote it to another usb with recommended software as told in wiki and it booted to the installer successfully.

Hi. My USB has Ventoy installed and when I try booting FreeBSD-14.0-RELEASE-amd64-bootonly.iso image, I go with default options from loader but it reboots the system. How to troubleshoot this? I can't even read logs, I see messages like 1 second then it reboots.

I verified checksum of the image too. I am going try it without Ventoy.

My hardware: https://bsd-hardware.info/?probe=c60aeb219e
I can confirm that 14.0-R crashes almost immediately when booting from Ventoy. There isn't even chance to see what the problem is.

13.1-R and 13.2-R boot OK.

I can confirm that 14.0-R crashes almost immediately when booting from Ventoy. There isn't even chance to see what the problem is.

The samething happens with my setup. 13.2 works fine, but I want to install 14.0 I will put the image on a USB stick by itself and see how it goes. Thanks so much for the great input. I will chat later.

Hi guys, the rebooting problem install FreeBSD 14.0 was with Ventoy. I burn the amd64 ISO image to another USB stick and it works fine on both laptops. Thank you so much to all of you for you great help.

/14.0/[/URL]
Hi guys, the rebooting problem installing FreeBSD 14.0 was with Ventoy. I burn the amd64 ISO image to another USB stick by itself and it works fine on both laptops. Thank you so much to all of you for you great help.

Back