Any Way to Easily Install Current Xulrunner Runtime?

That's a shame. The libxul in the ports collection is an ancient, and hamstrings the performance of... well, Conkeror -- the browser I use :(

But if you only need it to run Conkeror, I'd definitely recommend it based on my first 10 minutes or so of browsing. I just cloned Conkeror's git repository (www/xpi-conkeror hasn't been updated yet) and it's working pretty nicely.

This is really great news :D I'm using PCBSD now, and relying mostly upon PBI, so it will probably be quite some time before the changes trickle down to me. Still, it's good to know things are moving.

You can also use the (more up to date) xulrunner included in www/firefox with Conkeror. I install www/firefox, clone the Conkeror Git repository and create a shell script with the following contents:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
GTK2_RC_FILES=~/.gtkrc-2.0.conkeror firefox -app /path/to/conkeror/application.ini "$@"

Lord thunderin' jebus, www/libxul has just been updated to 24.0. About a year ago it was at 1.9.2. Mozilla's crazy jump in version numbers works, because I'm excited. :p

Back